Archer c6 v2 negotiation speed

I have the Optilink OP-XONT 71000 as well. The native optilink firmware will only limit to 100mbps on Excitel network. You will need to ask Excitel to update the firmware on this ONU. Following this it will get 300mbps.

I learnt this the hard-way, after doing multiple anydesk session with their customer support. This is how the web interface will look like (check the software version with yours),

YKNiBoo.png

pGGQzfu.png
Hi I'm facing the same issue with Archer A6 v3 i have the US version.

The negotiation speed is set at 100mbps. I don't know how to change.

The ONU I'm using is the GX TITANIUM 2122A( got it Excitel fiber installed on 10th march).

Also the ONU doesn't give much settings to change. I can see only ssid name and password change settings.

And ps. Should i ask the Local support to give me a non wifi ONU?

@Mp78929
Hi,
I was also facing the same issue with me newly bought TP-Link archer c6 router. You can do the following things to mitigate your issue:
1. Replace and check with a different Lan cable coming from ONU tp router. Prefer cat 5e and above.
2. Check in tp link router’s advance settings for negotiation speed and set it to 1000 mbps and save it.
3. Reset your router to factory settings.
4. If none of these settings work, call tp link’s service centre

Nothing worked for my tp link archer c6 and I went to service centre where they declared that tp link c6 US version does not support it.
Happy to help you further!!

So it has nothing do to with the ONU? Also i can't find system parameters in advance settings. I'm using router in AP Mode. Do i need to change it to router mode to change negotiation speeds?

Thank you, will let you know tomorrow by 11Am.
I'm sharing my telegram id for easier chatting.

You cannot find Negotiation speed in AP mode. The link is auto negotiated to max in AP mode I guess . I get 1Gbps on the ports .

See this can be a windows problem .

14 years old laptop running Ubuntu with a Gig port - 1000 Mbps negotiation
2 years old Windows PC with latest Realtek drivers - 100 Mbps , sometimes 1000 Mbps

A recent windows update fixed that for me . Try to run a live USB stick for Ubuntu on the same machine and check Link negotiation . If you get 1000 Mbps , your hardware is fine

No actually i wasn't talking about pc negotiation speeds.

I got Excitel fiber installed and they provided me a dual band router (GX Titanium 2212A) which isn't delivering the full speeds. It is delivering around 100-160mbps sometimes it goes to 200-210mbps (i have 300mbps connection). Also the range of the router Excitel provided is shit. My 4 year old router( TP-Link N300) provides more range than GX Router.

So i decided to buy TP Link Archer A6 after reading some threads on this site.

So now I've connected Archer A6's WAN port to the GX Router's Gigabit Ethernet port via the cable provided in the box of Archer A6 ( CAT 5.e)

The issues i faced was Archer A6 delivered speeds of 96-99mbps. So i checked in routers settings and Negotiation speeds in Archer's settings was showing 100mbps Full Duplex. And i couldn't find any setting on either of the router.
That's why i asked on this thread.

But will try finding Negotiation speed settings in ROUTER MODE tomorrow.

Will update about the issue.

@Mp78929
Hi,
I was also facing the same issue with me newly bought TP-Link archer c6 router. You can do the following things to mitigate your issue:
1. Replace and check with a different Lan cable coming from ONU tp router. Prefer cat 5e and above.
2. Check in tp link router’s advance settings for negotiation speed and set it to 1000 mbps and save it.
3. Reset your router to factory settings.
4. If none of these settings work, call tp link’s service centre

Nothing worked for my tp link archer c6 and I went to service centre where they declared that tp link c6 US version does not support it.
Happy to help you further!!

UPDATE:

Got Archer A6 working on 1000mbps Negotiation speeds in ROUTER MODE. Thank you for the help.

Now I'm getting speeds around 210-250 mbps on my phone via 5Ghz wifi band when in direct line of sight of router. 150-200mbps when in another room. I'm sure I'll get 300mbps speeds on my laptop.

One question though, the LAN is still working on 100mbps Negotiation speed. I've connected the LAN to a range extender (TP LINK WA850RE N300). In system parameters i can only see INTERNET PORT NEGOTIATION SPEED SETTING.
How do i get LAN Negotiation speed changed??