Archer C6/A6v3 vs Archer C64?

• Thread starter Thread starter Conor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,427
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber
Want to buy a new router for BSNL fiber connection, ont is in the transparent bridge, all the config ie ppoe n vlan will be done on the new router. Need your suggestions.

There's almost no difference except Archer a6 has a dual core processor. So under heavy load that should do better.
I have had A6 for a long time now it's decent little machine with an impressive range beating my 18k ZyXEL ap.

Upvote 0
@raj2007 just make sure your firmware is upto date and you are using the correct hardware revison firmware.

@Conor mind you, I said A6 and not C6 plus I just recommend to you what was tried and tested by me, so rest is upto you. By the way I also used the routers OpenVPN server feature which is processor intensive, the max speeds I got was 20Mbps but even pushing to its limits it didn't ruin the experience for people living at home.
My Airtel router when DDOS'ed drops connection for home users, but that thing didn't and the QoS feature while is a bit feature limited works great.

Upvote 0
1.2Ghz MediaTek processor seems decent on C64, though ram storage option might be limited to 4/32, also no OpenWrt support coz of the same plus a lack of vent apart from all of that seems a decent offering.

Upvote 0