applied for connection on the 26th of March

• Thread starter Thread starter navir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,166
Status
Not open for further replies.

navir

this is ridiculous man.. i have 2 enquiry numbers, two complaint number and am on the phone with a call centre person who probably does'nt know the difference between piles and periods.most ISP's behave this way after you pay for the connection..these guys are the freakin limit.any suggestions?

tata has bad customer care and their packs are expensive.

@Navir: I had the same prob last year when i was trying to get a connection, they then said i'd never applied for one! Then i got them to reapply for me and things have gone smoothly ever since.@sifyfan: Ahem. i've had GOOD experience with Tata CC.Just because you are a "sifyfan" doenst mean everyone else is crap. And there was no question about the pricing of their packs in this thread.

sifyfan - dude my post ended with 'any suggestions?' not 'any comments?' so thanksvince - hope it goes well after this, any particular thing i should look out for?

Navir, First, have they ASSURED you of a connection (feasability) ? coz there have been few cases where they've said that they'd be able to give connection, only to backtrack afterwards (after collecting the installation cash) that there is no feasability.WIRING is the only problem. dont let them leave any loose ends, there's one outside my house and the wiring guy (or his 'assissant' rather) kept assuring me nothing will happen... now the sucky taping of wires is the ONLY reason i've had 2 downtimes in the past 10 months i've used their "broadband".Could you tell me what plan you've gone for man?

Originally posted by Vince@Apr 11 2006, 07:23 PM
Navir, First, have they ASSURED you of a connection (feasability) ? coz there have been few cases where they've said that they'd be able to give connection, only to backtrack afterwards (after collecting the installation cash) that there is no feasability.

WIRING is the only problem. dont let them leave any loose ends, there's one outside my house and the wiring guy (or his 'assissant' rather) kept assuring me nothing will happen... now the sucky taping of wires is the ONLY reason i've had 2 downtimes in the past 10 months i've used their "broadband".

Could you tell me what plan you've gone for man?
[snapback]47905[/snapback]
[/quote]

thanks for the heads-up. no they havent even called me after i signed up for the connection on the net!!!! feasibility is a long way off yet. actually im still deciding whether to go for prepaid or postpaid. i know that in both cases you pay the same amt at the beginning only, and i'm not to keen on a static IP(doesnt really matter), but what troubles me about post-paid is the router, i use linux for a lot of work, and if configuring it is gonna be a pain im not interested. these guys use PPPoE or something else?is it a direct connection thru LAN? how are the speeds, i really have a lot of questions, the only reason im going for tata is cos they seem to be the only ones with a fast unlimited plan.
thanks vince

navir

No prob man..BTW which unlimited plan have you gone for?Also, i think now everyone (postpaid and prepaid) are receiving only routers.When i signed up they had modems as default, and that is a PPPoE connection. now i dont think they're offering modems, but try if you want.If you are going for prepaid connection, see if there are any suppliers of the prepaid coupon easily accessible to you.Some of my friends are saying that the Tata guys are saying that there is no 64kbps unlimited on postpaid anymore, but this plan is available on the website..

Status
Not open for further replies.