• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 10,830

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
Today, i applied for Airtel Broadband. I'm currently also using Hathway Broadband, which off-course is familiarly known for its (bad) quality service. I wanted to know whether the upload speed will be same as Download speed. There are some more questions, which i'll post soon.

Good luck. Airtel upload speeds are usually around 800kbps on DSL. Technology limitation.

so no matter what the download speed is, the upload speed will be 800kbps?2: Is the traffic within the ISP counted for usage?

2: Is the traffic within the ISP counted for usage?

What does this mean?

In case of LAN connections, trafffic within same network does not go through gateway. Hence its not counted in usage.But in case of DSL connection (point-to-point) it gets counted.

Do record every conversation with airtel people, they are one hell of liers and cheaters . Personal Experience

I always prefer email communication for things like plan change and always request them to mention every tech detail involved

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've not yet activated with Airtel as i was busy these days. BTW, i have ordered for disconnection of Hathway connection, for which they have not turned up yet.

Hathway! they have this scam where they don't turn up when you applied for disconnection and after 1 month they send you the bill. After you agrue with them,they say pay this month and we'll disconnect! bloody suckers for money these guys.Just send email and call CC till you get your connection disconnected.

My God! This airtel technician who came to activate the connection was so rude. He took an hour to activate the connection, and was making calls to his customers through my fixed line.Very First Day, i came to know how good they are! 'Airtel Sucks'???

That calling thing from ur fixed line they do it regularly. Once a tech made 5 calls from my fixed line to get my broadband fixed. These calls were not placed to the cust care but to other techs or some regional office in noida. Sometimes he let the guy on other side put it on hold. I didn't mind this coz I got 100 rupees worth phone calls free which I don't use much. But it would be nice if they would atleast request the subscriber to let them use the phone.

the only calls made by bsnl people from my premises were to check the connection and get it activated from the backend 😛 airtel people have company provided phones for which they do not pay.