Apple Technology

sanjanakapoor

ISP
airtel
Apple's latest launch the Apple MacBook and Apple iMac is highly configured and is loaded with unique advanced technology. It features the latest 2.1GHz or 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed. 800MHz frontside bus and 1GB (two 512MB SO-DIMMs) or 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB. The new MacBook has Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory, it also has built in iSight camera, Get connected where ever u want through its built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible. Its 55-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery gives you 4.5hrs of wireless productivity.

Apple is running great offers on Apple MacBook and Apple iMac which is valid only for this month. Check this site for more details Macpromotions | MacBook | iMac

Before promoting a product any company should I think QC their product thoroughly, which sadly doesn't happen in India. every company just paints a pretty picture with little garnishing and putting forward their best features. But do the companies check what they are sending out of the factory....And I am not saying this only about imacs...

My imac intel c2d bought in Oct 06 is as good as a CPU if I decide to connect it to external monitor. Why? the LCD screen has conked off within 1 1/2yrs. And this coming from Apple. The imac LCD has "vertical white patch in the middle of the screen" which makes it impossible to do anything" Unfortunately I don't have APP but any which ways if a product is out of warranty every company raises it's hands up disowning their products or even touching it. Well to touch my imac the Apple engineer charged me Rs 2,250 just to check and tell me....Sir you will have to change your LCD screen, which will cost you from Rs 25000-30000/-

I can confidently say Apple is fooling people. From my research I found out that imacs starting from serial numbaer W86 are all affected and Apple is least bothered about taking action, which is seen from the thread being closed. Only if I had read this thread earlier.
Following is the link:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Lines on display ...

Very disappointing. Next time before buying a Apple imac i will think 100 times and make sure others do that too