Apple iPhone

people waiting for the next iPhone would purchase it even if it is powered with a celeron processor. 😕 people who do not want to get an iphone would do what i do. watch the launch. be amazed. and move on.

people who do not want to get an iPhone would do what i do. watch the launch. be amazed. and move on.

Move on .. and get an Android 🙂

ah well. not everyone is nuts about android too. we would soon have WP Mango fans on the forum. provided affordable devices are launched in india. i guess that would happen once Nokia launches their models in the indian market. how i wish that it was meego instead. 🙁

Guys Like me want to have a taste of all the worlds. I Have Symbian, win os6 ,android and Webos Devices but not a iPhone. Reason: Cost too high compared to my other devices, i would definitely buy a Iphone if Apple releases a "Budget Iphone"

Sep/Oct 2011 will be remembered for next few years for:- iOS 5- Android ICS 4.0- WP Mango updateguys, it's all about "ecosystem" offerings. iOS will have huge advantage as 3GS/4 users will almost get instant access to iOS 5 features. Ditto for WP7 phones (though they are minority today). Real problem will be Android. Nobody knows if and when ICS will be updated in their phone. Unlike iOS, I don't think ICS will work on 2yr old phones. Depending upon device it may take 6-8months to take off. By that time we'll be talking iOS 6 beta1 and win8.

I think with ICW Google would finally enforce the promise they made recently that all devices from their partner companies would get updates for at least 18 months. If they are able to deliver on that, it should be good news for the Android fans. I am sticking with Nexus brand for my own personal purchases.

Apple has to rethink it's india strategy and not treat india as a dumping ground.

It's true that Apple has treated India as a dumping ground when it comes to the iPhone. But things might be changing, if the iPad 2 launch is any indication. We got the iPad 2 just a few months after the US launch. We'll just have to wait and see what happens with the new iPhone launch this month. Hopefully we'll get it in India before the end of the year.

iPhone 5 this year? unlikely. how would Apple and aircel respond? they have spent so much on marketing the iphone 4 and of course they would have purchased a lot of stock that might still be left unsold.apple might launch the rumored iphone 4s faster though.

LOL... I never said iPhone 5, I just said the new iPhone. It could be the 4S or the 5 or both. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I don't care what Airtel/Aircel think. Apple has to realize that they took too long to to launch the iPhone 4 in India. Most of the people who wanted one had already bought one thru unofficial channels before it even got here. So the sales aren't going to take off. With the launch of the new iPhone tomorrow, people will try to get that thru unofficial channels ands not buy the iPhone 4 which is available here through Airtel/Aircel. They changed their launch strategy for india with the iPad 2. I'm hoping they do the same with the new iPhone(s).