Apple macOS

true power of OSX exists only on Apple mac.:irock:

That's true. I have an ancient Powerbook G4 too which was gifted to me by my uncle way back in 2004, which still works fine.

Apple has of course now delivered an update that cleans up Mac Defender and similar apps. They are also updating the definitions on a regular basis to target the newer variants.

Point is... Just like on Windows OS

Apple Macs are not secure by nature. It's the user who makes them insecure. Same thing applies to Windows OS too.

Last edited by a moderator:
not exactly true. they have changed a lot since the first version of Mac OS X. mountain lion is a progressive update to lion so there are fewer visual changes. you have to realize that Mac OS X is basically a single edition with multiple variants. the next major edition would be Mac OS XI.

and it would be a free upgrade for the buyers of the new macbook pro. in any case, Apple has already stated that os x updates would be progressive (once every year at a nominal price) so you are basically paying for what microsoft call service packs. microsoft sadly would not be able to replicate this strategy coz they like to sell windows licenses for above 100 dollars.

Yup. it's like a service pack, Not Major Changes to the UI, Functionality. Only Minor bumps.That's what i felt last year when i upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion.They could Make the Upgrades Free of cost just like IOS updates. As it is the Software Cost is bundled Into the Premium Price of MBP. 10 $ Waiver will certainly not Pinch Apple and It will Earn them a Lot of Goodwill

they would have a winner on their hand if they can force microsoft to drop the price of windows 8 editions. i am not sure if the pricing of different windows 8 editions is out yet. 🙂 i would love to get windows 8 update edition for cheap. though i would probably use my friend working at microsoft to get a full license at extremely lucrative price anyways.

why do u ppl keep saying 10$??? its $19.99 i.e $20... Anyway one thing I liked what they said about price is it is $20 for all ur devices... So ppl with multiple macs/macbooks in a household only have to buy it once for $20 & not $20 per imac or macbook...

List of older generation Macs compatible with OS X Mountain Lion...

iMac (mid-2007 or newer)
MacBook (late 2008 aluminum, or early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (mid/late 2007 or newer)
MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (early 2008 or newer)
Xserve (early 2009)

https://goo.gl/WgnZh

Couple of cool things... Like this:
OS X Mavericks takes full advantage of every display connected to your Mac, giving you even more flexibility to work the way you want. There’s no longer a primary or secondary display — now each has its own menu bar, and the Dock is available on whichever screen you’re working on. You can have multiple app windows running on either display. Or run an app full screen on each one. Even show a desktop on one display and a full-screen app on another. Mission Control can give you a bird’s-eye view, making it easy to drag what you want where you want it. You can even drag it across the room, because now AirPlay and Apple TV can wirelessly turn your HDTV into a fully functional display.
They have also borrowed a lot of things from Chrome.
Official PR: https://broadband.forum/apple-releases-developer-preview-os-mavericks-200-features-44895/