Apple OS X Mountain Lion

ISP
BSNL EVDO
Why do Mac keeps the same Look in all its versions?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
not exactly true. they have changed a lot since the first version of Mac OS X. mountain lion is a progressive update to lion so there are fewer visual changes. you have to realize that Mac OS X is basically a single edition with multiple variants. the next major edition would be Mac OS XI.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
and it would be a free upgrade for the buyers of the new macbook pro. in any case, apple has already stated that os x updates would be progressive (once every year at a nominal price) so you are basically paying for what microsoft call service packs. microsoft sadly would not be able to replicate this strategy coz they like to sell windows licenses for above 100 dollars.

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
Yup. it's like a service pack, Not Major Changes to the UI, Functionality. Only Minor bumps.That's what i felt last year when i upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion.They could Make the Upgrades Free of cost just like IOS updates. As it is the Software Cost is bundled Into the Premium Price of MBP. 10 $ Waiver will certainly not Pinch Apple and It will Earn them a Lot of Goodwill

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
they would have a winner on their hand if they can force microsoft to drop the price of windows 8 editions. i am not sure if the pricing of different windows 8 editions is out yet. :) i would love to get windows 8 update edition for cheap. though i would probably use my friend working at microsoft to get a full license at extremely lucrative price anyways.

rajadeep

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU
why do u ppl keep saying 10$??? its $19.99 i.e $20... Anyway one thing I liked what they said about price is it is $20 for all ur devices... So ppl with multiple macs/macbooks in a household only have to buy it once for $20 & not $20 per imac or macbook...