Apple iTunes

Lol.. Oversmartness costed you.

Hmm.. I would not call oversmartness. People who are not aware of the pre-auth concepts, which are not really used in India, but more in foreign countries, would obviously do what he did - protect himself by blocking the card.

chromaniac said:
Should have googled first man.
i googled it before blocking the card. other people have also faced the same issue.
anyways thanks vijay for the info.

In my friends' case, the bank wanted an FIR (for a "theft" of under Rs.100) to credit back... And since it was debit card, could not really file a dispute.

Hmm. Will check if I got the dollar back or not. Even Google does this I think for the first purchase on play store. PayPal does that too.

The difference I have found purchasing media with Apple is that they charge your card 2-3 days after you buy something. Google usually charges instantly on your card.
I have also not checked if Apple returned the one dollar too. : This money is not even supposed to be deducted and then refunded. From what I understand, the money actually never leaves your card. It is a virtual transaction.

chromaniac said:
The difference I have found purchasing media with Apple is that they charge your card 2-3 days after you buy something. Google usually charges instantly on your card.
I have also not checked if Apple returned the one dollar too. : This money is not even supposed to be deducted and then refunded. From what I understand, the money actually never leaves your card. It is a virtual transaction.
i will check for 1 $ refund on my card and let you know. and yes they charge your card 2-3 days after the purchase of the app. this happened to me.
after seeing all the articles, i should be able to get the refund of 1$

2-3 days, yes! I bought an album off iTunes and the card expired the next day 😀Completed the transaction a month and iirc I had to pay some extra money for the delay.

chromaniac said:
Yes.. Sort of right. The $1 is just put on hold, its not available to you, but you are not going to be billed/charged for it. Normally when the actual amount is submitted, this gets dropped off. One can compare it to bank holding your home documents until your home loan is cleared (not exactly, but just metaphorically saying)