Apple iTunes

Was also announced yesterday.
Free service is supported by ads.
Paid service costs USD 25 per year.
Right now only available in USA.
Would work on: iOS, Apple TV, OS X, Windows

Hello Everybody
Would iTunes Radio be available in India too as part of global launch ?

Nope, its ony available for US at launch. Soon it will spread. But there are ways you can get it running in India too that I won't discuss about.

I was trying to buy some music and download it today. Must have asked me for the password 25 times. Complained about connection lost about 100 times. Authorizing my computer to download the previously purchased media took multiple attempts. All this while my internet was working just super. Is this normal?

I don't think so. I regularly buy music from the store. Just asks for the password once before completing the purchase and the stuff downloads. Download speed is great too.

Download speed was fine. I did not accept the option to NOT ASK me for future purchases coz I did not want it to buy songs that I might click accidentally on.

Also. It asked me to accept the new terms and conditions. That form would just not work on Reliance. Worked on first attempt after I connected my VPN.

Right. I haven't tried downloading previously purchased stuff.
Currently stuff from iTunes downloads directly to the google music folder.

If the google music store is rolled out to India, I'm guessing songs purchased would automatically be added to the cloud for streaming?

did not get you. if you have an activated google music account, you already can stream it from the cloud. i do not think google would migrate the songs from your personal library to their own account. so they would stream from the uploaded database not from their own database.

What I mean was this. Right now I buy from iTunes store.
Upload(dedup?) that to google music and then stream.

Now, if google were to launch their music store here. I wouldn't need to upload the stuff(to google music again)I buy from them right?

if you buy from google, that music would appear in your library instantly. there is no need to download it. google does not have a desktop client so i believe download is optional.

sigh. the 60 rupee charge is just for testing. it is not taken from your account. it would not even appear in your statement. Apple would deduct 15 rupees after a couple of days.

from what i understand, apple does something very nice. let's say you bought 5 songs costing a total of 60 rupees... instead of making 5 Rs. 12 transactions, it would do a single transaction of Rs. 60 2-3 days later. google play on the other hand would make 5 multiple transactions.

Last edited: