Apple iPhone

Strange indeed. The option is showing for me. You can take a complete backup and try to revert to default factory settings.

Assuming you are using mtnl and iPhone. Is your iOS version 5.01? Just trying to cover all bases

Your assumptions are correct and yes, I am on iOS 5.01.

Back up your data and do a full restore via iTunes. See if that resolves the issue. A full restore usually resolves most issues.

unfortunately, didn't work even after a full restore. driving me nuts.........personal hotspot works for other network, but just not for mtnl mumbai on my machine. So, not an issue with the iPhone and the carrier has no clue.

Hopefully somebody can help me here. I was using the personal hotspot of my iPhone to tether my Mac using Bluetooth. It was all fine till december, but since my return in January to Mumbai, the personal hotspot option no longer shows up in iPhone. I have a 6 month unlimited 3G package from MTNL in Mumbai. Very puzzled on what changed. The only reason I could think of was if the carrier got smart and stopped it, but customer service has no clue about it. Anyone else has this issue or is it just me? I have put my sim in a different iPhone, and the hotspot disappears. Don't have a problem with Vodafone, only with mtnl 3G

Could you tell me how did you configure hotspot on you iPhone with vodafone ?

After you buy it just post the Software version and baseband version like above (Bb=05.16.02

Even I have the iPhone with same config. ios 4.3.5 and firmware 5.16.02 Can you please guide me how to unlock this phone? Thanks.

Arul, Some service-providers(MTNL-Mumbai?) knowingly/unknowingly disable modification of Tethering settings that would apply to iPhone. I had similar problem and followed a fix as below, assuming you have CYDIA(All Jailbroken/unlocked iPhones have). Install 'Tetherme' package from CYDIA and follow the easy instructions for settings provided in the package details. It SHOULD work.

Good news...the personal hotspot has come back on my iPhone. Nope, I don't know why it disappeared and why it decided to show up again!

Apple has to do something about the display. they have already done retina. 4.6" might be too much but they have to eventually expand the screen space even further. and they cannot do it with just resolution alone. 😛 and of course. they have to keep the aspect ratio same i guess. quad core and lte are done.