Apple iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,297
the illustration was for showing how fragile iPhone is for the premium dumbases pay for it, of course everything breaks, WILL break, but it is expected that these devices can sustain this kind of fall,as these are pretty common and Can/will happen IRL thus it tried to show that in a very common situation Apple will fail where as samsung will survive.. Or in business language SAMSUNG gives more BANG for the buck than IPHONE..

Gorilla glass doesnt matter as it provides resistance against scratches with no/negligible help if dropped.

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | FAQS

Can I break Gorilla Glass?

If subjected to enough abuse, Gorilla Glass can break. However, Gorilla Glass is better able to survive the real-world events that most commonly cause glass to scratch, chip, or break.

Well based on above answer, I think it clearly implies that Gorilla glass is fall resistant as well.

iPhone 4 has a glass body thus it would definetely break upon falling in comparison to Galaxy phones which have plastic body. This is well known so the person should make his choice carefully. Just like an expensive crystal glass would break and a plastic one would survive!

i suspect goyal has iPhone and regeret having it, 😉

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | FAQS

Well based on above answer, I think it clearly implies that Gorilla glass is fall resistant as well.

Thanks!

----------

Haha!! Not really!

I have a Samsung I9000 Galaxy S. My brother has the same phone. I am the tech person and friends/relatives often ask me for advice and I havent suggested an iPhone ever to any of them!

I too believe that Apple products are overpriced and Android offers a much better deal at lesser prices. However build quality of apple on dropping is not what I consider as a negative factor!

If you still suspect my intentions check out these 2 pics on my blog. Good laugh

Android v/s Iphone humourous picture |Vu-point

Dilemma of an Apple product owner |Vu-point

ok i did read some pieces and looks like Sony ericsson is indeed using their own glass hardening technology. sort of surprising.

Dear all iPhone users and GSMarena-er,

I'm from corning, the company that sell the gorilla glass for Apple. I want to set some fact straight, so that no finger pointing in the direction it should not.

First,
Apple bought a glass from us that called gorilla glass. It's a gorilla, not king kong glass, not godzilla glass. The gorilla glass were designed with gorilla in our mind. Most of the time, gorilla only sit, and when it walk, it bend it's body so the hip is not very high. The guy from iFixYouri, drop their iphone 4 too high. It should be noted that iPhone4 is designed to be dropped from the gorilla hip when the gorilla sit down. Therefore, iFixYouri action and reaction is as expected from corning.

We notice there were some confusion among GSMarena-er about the glass. The video on how strength the glass were in iSteve presentation is the GodZilla glass. Please notice that the gozilla hip is around 20 storey high. At the time iphone 4 still in development, we were offering the GodZilla Glass to our friend in cupertino. Unfortunately, iSteve said the secret ingredient to all his product were, cheap stuff + cheap labor + apple greedy = great product. So, he refuse using GodZilla glass, as he deemed that US$50 for 2 side of the glass is too expensive. We were then offering him the king kong glass. The king kong hip is lot lower than godzilla hip. It's only around 20 meter (66 feet), but again, that US$ 10 for 2 side of the glass is too expensive for iSteve. He prefer the gorilla glass, because the gorilla glass is the cheapest of them all, thus perfecting the secret ingredient for making a perfect iphone product. Cheap device, great profit. And as iSteve said, "iphone user just like gorilla, sitting around using the iphone all day, so why using king kong glass or godzilla glass?"

We @ corning, really wish that no one blame us for the glass, as apple is the one who use our godzilla video for gorilla presentation.

iFixit says iPhone 4 has Gorilla Glass display