ISP
Airtel
Apple iPhone 14 on Amazon India

128GB256GB512GB1TB
Apple iPhone 14₹79,900₹89,900₹1,09,900
Apple iPhone 14 Plus₹89,900₹99,900₹1,19,900
Apple iPhone 14 Pro₹1,29,900₹1,39,900₹1,59,900₹1,79,900
Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max₹1,39,900₹1,49,900₹1,69,900₹1,89,900

Pre-order starting at 5:30 PM IST on 9 September.

iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max available from 16 September.
iPhone 14 Plus available from 7 October.

Last edited by a moderator:
No SIM card support in models sold in the US. Looks like Apple will eventually force all carriers to go eSIM only in the future.

Apple is pushing eSIM in a big way. No
SIM tray in the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
US models.

This is exactly what I was going to rant about. I’m wondering how much of a big deal this would be for Indians who get their units from the States.

While this maybe a fair assumption that iPhone users shouldn’t mind paying extra for postpaid Airtel and Vodafone connections to get the eSIM facility, I for one, truly don’t have a need for a postpaid connection. Besides what other forum members have highlighted as the demerits of an eSIM.

Imagine tech reviewers who use an Android phone but want to try iPhones to publish a review. Lol

Edit

So basically it’s Vodafone that offers eSIM facility only for postpaid customers. Nice

Last edited:
Eventually, yeah.

Both iPhone 14 and 13 have Bionic 15, but the new phones’ Cinematic mode can do 4K resolution at 30 and 24 fps. While the older generation is limited to 1080p. Not sure if it’s a hardware limitation or software.

Cinematic mode is pretty gimmicky, so I don’t really care.

I am thinking of getting iPhone 14 pro from US. This sim card tray removal has me confused. I checked that airtel offers esim in both prepaid and postpaid. So thats nice.

The only issue I see is that, I'll have to carry a secondary phone when visiting places/countries where there is no esim.

I know that you are able to convert physical sim back to esim but can we do the reverse as well? Like esim to physical with same number and everything.

lastly, how do you guys feel about this? If you were to get an iphone from usa, do you think this is something that you'll be able to manage?

I would get the phone anyway. But I’m pretty sure that they’ll not remove the sim card tray from Indian variants anytime soon.

Airtel website says that you wouldn’t need to visit the Airtel store to convert the eSIM to a physical sim, but they have not mentioned how. Most of the online articles suggest visiting an Airtel outlet. SMS services are barred for 24 hours when you activate the physical sim received.

Last edited:
I converted my prepaid Jio to eSim myself for free.
So not an issue with Jio. Can't say about other operators.
If eSim becomes mainstream, then it won't be of much hussle. After few years physical sim card would become relic of past like microSD card and 3.5 mm pin headphones😀

I’m feeling the itch to convert my Airtel physical sim to eSIM now. Somebody stop me

So basically there is no draw back except that you will face difficulties if you're traveling to places that do no have esim right? Like lets say abroad for vacation, then you won't be able to use their local prepaid sim cards that you get at the airport.

What if you accidentally remove esim profile from your phone? Is it possible to recover the number? I am guessing it is akin to losing your physical sim and the process would be the same?

and now every chinese phone manufacturers will follow the suite and copy all iPhone 14 features especially the new dynamic island feature as their feauture and after a year or 2 even a 10k phone will be rocking those features lol

Reactions: SVK
In a world where manufacturers don’t even push timely updates, do you think they’ll offer something such as a customized notifications around the notch?

Why would third party apps even bother supporting it? Lol

I’m feeling the itch to convert my Airtel physical sim to eSIM now. Somebody stop me
You can do it.
No issues.
have done physical sim to eSim(iPhone)
then esim to esim - iphone to pixel
then again esim to esim - pixel to iphone

It takes 3-4 sms and a clal to confirm change.
Time taken is 2 hours after submitting request.
SMS won't work for 24 hours after new sim is registered.

@Aakash Malhotra - Even for travelling, there are a lot of companies these days like holafly that offer country specific esims so you can download a SIM before travelling. Although it’s usually slightly more expensive than a local SIM.