Apple discontinues iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone XR

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel

Also removed are iPhone SE 256 GB variant, iPhone 11 256 GB variant.

List of iPhones Available

• iPhone SE: Starts at ₹ 39, 900
  • iPhone 11: Starts at ₹ 49, 900 (down from ₹ 54,900)
  • iPhone 12 mini: Starts at ₹ 59,900 (down from ₹ 69 ,900)
  • iPhone 12: Starts at ₹ 65, 900 (down from ₹ 79, 900)
  • iPhone 13 mini: Starts at ₹ 69, 900
  • iPhone 13: Starts at ₹ 79, 900
  • iPhone 13 Pro: Starts at ₹ 1, 19, 900
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max: Starts at ₹ 1, 29, 900

So "Fake in India" initiative has failed to bring launch prices to reasonable levels?

Price of ₹ 1,29,900 for 13 Pro Max is a joke. Best would be to let a relative get one for you from US or use dubious guy like Taru Telecom to buy smuggled US piece at 10-20k discount. 😆

Yes. Imported units get registered. You will also get full warranty in India. Apple relies on Device serial number and the date on which it was first activated as warranty start date.

The following countries to avoid for importing / purchasing iPhones:
UAE: Blocked facetime audio and video calling. (Partially restrictions lifted in 2019 but why take risk?)
China: Blocked facetime audio but video calling works. My friend has this dual sim model and has facetime audio button missing.
Japan: Forced shutter sound while clicking photos but otherwise no restrictions.

VoLTE and VoWifi work on all models and all 3 carriers (Jio, Airtel and Vi) here in India from iPhone 6S onwards.

There are lots of reports wherein Apple care is denying service if you are unable to produce a bill which proves you brought this device from India. It's purely based on their discretion.
Done primarily so that the above mentioned cases don't happen.

@Tejas01
I have had 3 iPhones repaired/replaced under warranty over a period of last 4 years. All were from US. I was never asked for a receipt.

Go to this page and search for keyword International

Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Product and parts that comply with local standards.

The article nowhere asks customers to submit proof of purchase or receipt. A proof of purchase is required only in case of forgotten passcode. It is also required in case of death of the original owner and legal heir wants to unlock the phone or transfer ownership of iCloud locked iPhone.

If there is a dent or broken front or back glass, Apple denies warranty and disgruntled people put up a fake drama story on reddit telling how Apple denied warranty. Sympathy Karma-whoring at best. Please don't rely on these so called "reports".

Last edited:
Recently service centers have started insisting on a bill. Doesn't have to be Indian. Just the bill should match the country of purchase. US bill for US model. I guess they are doing it to stop the secondary import market where sellers import in bulk but never provide you with a bill.
Anyways, warranty is international as long as you can provide a proof of purchase from the same country.

Then insist on bill when you purchase from grey market. My friend who has Chinese model also received the original purchase bill which was from Chinese retailer when he purchased his iPhone from Mumbai.

@tatyasky There is a dedicated thread on another forum where some members have said about denial of service. But then again, I gave it a cursory read since I didn't bother much.

Would have posted the link here but I don't know if that would be allowed. If interested and Sushubh/ other staff members allows it, I will share it.

"If there is a dent or broken front or back glass, Apple denies warranty and disgruntled people put up a fake drama story on reddit telling how Apple denied warranty. Sympathy Karma-whoring at best. Please don't rely on these so called "reports"."

This would be totally out of question as I don't think any company would give warranty if a product is damaged due to customer's carelessness.

Last edited:
If there is a hardware issue that Apple mentioned to replace or repair for free then it’s region locked repair now.

You cannot get it replaced or repair for free in india if purchased from US (this case only implies for hardware issue which apple acknowledged)