• Thread starter Thread starter venkz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,472

venkz

Internet is my LiFe
ISP
MTNL 849 NU (▼2048 ▲512)
AOL India and MTNL have entered into an alliance with the launch of a co-branded portal, mtnl.aol.in. MTNL customers will be able to access all the services and products of AOL India through this portal along with the MTNL utilities.

Even though AOL officials refused to divulge the revenue sharing ratio between the companies arising out of the advertisements on the co-branded page, sources close to the development pegged the figure at 35:65, in favour of AOL India.

PG Ponappa, VP and GM, AOL, observed that the portal was a great destination for video content. However, when asked about the scope of video advertising in India, he said, “It has not yet started in India, but we will see more of it happening in the next six months.”

J Gopal, Executive Director, MTNL, feels that with the increasing use of broadband in the country, the Internet experience for the Indian consumers will be maximised.

In a bid to promote this new service, AOL has planned to market it considerably over the outdoor, print and television media. The TVC is expected to go on air in the coming weeks, while the outdoor and print campaigns are already out in certain markets. The portal will play host to all AOL services and video channels that include cricket, Bollywood, Hollywood and music.

http://mtnl.aol.in/

i need to laugh. but i won't.

Its just the old AOL.in - Welcome to AOL India portal,with the MTNL logo
They cant even provide us stable 2Mbps speeds throughout the day and wanna "feels that with the increasing use of broadband in the country, the Internet experience for the Indian consumers will be maximised.":hysterical:

And the site is hosted on same Us servers....... wats great? ...... had it been mtnl servers....... video bufferring cud hav been eased.............also all the tariff plan are of mtnl mumbai............. Delhi mtnl is not mtnl..?