Anyone using Vovinet

• Thread starter Thread starter varun120
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 25,737
new isp in mumbai?

The 10mbps unlimited @ 599 looks very good with fup of 5gb and after fup 1mbps
Also the 35mbps unlimited @ 1799 with fup of 30gb and 10mbps post fup. so its actually 10mbps unlimited at 1799 ?? looks too good to be true

Damnit! Look at Vovi mach 8 plan! 8mbps@Rs.2300 without any freaking FUP !16mbps@Rs. 3,300 again with no FUP !One funny thing i have noticed is that they are providing "Vovi mach 1" 1mbps@Rs. 1000On the other hand they are providing "VOVI Blast 10_5" 10mbps till 5GB beyond 1mbps @ 599Just look at all blast plans and plans without FUP! Hilarious marketing !

bajechele said:
The 10mbps unlimited @ 599 looks very good with fup of 5gb and after fup 1mbps
Also the 35mbps unlimited @ 1799 with fup of 30gb and 10mbps post fup. so its actually 10mbps unlimited at 1799 ?? looks too good to be true
I would have tried it, but it is yet not available in my area. It is available in a building 100 metres away from my building. I asked their salesperson they said my building will be covered in 2-3 months.

their service is ok, but back office and support is a huge headache ...... their service / call center number gives you music only ...... a case of literally facing the music ...... many billing screw-ups and they keep sending you sms/reminders and threats to cut-off service although you have paid them much ahead of due date ...... nobody to call and get them sorted out ... i am based in powai.

Took a chance on this because MTNL was getting ridiculous and my brother had been using this for 3 months plus - No bad review.

So shifted to this - Jun-end. At the end of 3 months, just killed the MTNL triband line. So the verdict is clear.

Pros:
  • Availability: It conked off for a cumulative time of 3 days in that duration.. but never more than one day at a time... You get some emails and SMSes apologizing for the interruption - which makes my head spin since I'm a 256kbps to 2Mbps (a fricking long time) MTNL customer.
  • Speed: is as promised - hasn't tapered / deteriorated 15Mbps (there are other plans too)
  • Insane compared to MTNL
  • Seems to be a franchise of FION (Sterlite) - it's got a server/operations office at one of the hiranandani complexes in thane. Not had to visit it yet
Cons
  • When it goes off, you wait. The helpline operates during day hours (read try after 10:30 - 11 am) but basically not much help
  • The site doesn't inspire much confidence - the help line number on the site is wrong. On installation, you get a verification call and that's the number I've saved. So e.g. if you have a billing issue (god forbid) I don't know who'll resolve it.
  • It locks onto your wifi router mac id. (I wanted to use my own router - which will be charged extra is what they said. you can find your way though)
  • Personal con: Fifa 14 server has a latency of 200ms which is bad. Some days I can't connect - not sure whether it's the EA Servers or the ISP

Last edited:
What does a pingtest on this line say?

Also, until what point do they bring in a fibre optic line? Upto a common node? If so, how far from your building/house is that node?

My plan is 15Mbps.

Can someone interpret these results - I just used default picks by the sites.. Are there specific benchmarking settings/servers ? Pingtest couldn't find Java on my machine - although the latest update is installed.
3785588367.png

107003629.png

But when I use a US server - ping is horrible, which proves the online gaming exp - not good. Looks like the ISP doesn't it? (I've played countless hours of fifa14 on this connection - with ~200 ms pings - could be EA handling this well)
3785591943.png

They told me they have fibre right upto my building duct.. from there it is a cat5 ethernet cable into my flat. Is there an easy way to verify ?

This is a fraudulent company. Please do not go for their service. They claim big numbers in terms data speed and download limits but none of this is true. Forget about speed, you have to be lucky to even get their internet up and running. The service is down for weeks and the customer care is not even sorry, forget about giving explanation and assurance. However, they are very professional in submitting your advance cheques and charging you for the service. They never delay even for few hours. And once they loot you, they disappear. They claim download limit to be 50 GB for a 15 mbps plan, however the speed is not even an average 2 mbps for the entire day and you gotta be lucky if, once for a change, the speed spikes to somewhere around 10 mbps and then again down below 1 mbps. No matter even if I am traveling or using internet just for browsing, after two weeks I have by default exhausted the entire 50 GB data limit! Everything about them so far is hoax. They just don’t have the infrastructure and technical expertise to run this business. VOVINET IS A FRAUD, PLEASE DO NOT SUBSCRIBE OR YOU WILL BE CHEATED.