Anyone using Railwire? Whats your feedback?

• Thread starter Thread starter umeshtangnu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 40,424
ekansh said:
Hi.. I am residing at Marthahali, Bangalore and I am also planning to take the Railwire connection. I see that u are pretty much satisfied. I want to ask a please help me out.

I am planning to take 512 Kbps/1 Mbps connection from Railwire.. how is this compared to 512 Kbps of airtel(if u have used airtel) or is it worth taking.
Is Railwire giving its services in Marathahalli?

lads2407 said:
Hello,

I have BSNLTeracom type II router-modem which take input from phone line rj11 port. It also has 4lan ports. I want to connect one of the 4lan ports with rj45 cable provided by my current ISP which is railwire. Basically I just want to use the existing BSNLTeracom as any other wifi router. Can ayou please help with the settings in detail as I am not very good at these tech settings

Thanks in advance.
RJ11 can't support RJ45 from Railwire. So, it can't be connected to the teracom router of BSNL. :sad:

Hi Team, I am a Railwire broadband customer. I am from Hinjilicut, Ganjam, Odisha Circle. This service is very bad. Per day around 4 times network drop, No proper response from the service team, no proper resolution till now. I was impacted by my daily work activities. Speed is manageable as per plan, but it does not continue for a long time. In my suggestion, until the issue is rectified we should not adopt Railwire Broadband as a primary connection.

It was good before but it is pretty bad rn. Waiting for airtel fiber to come in my area. They have gone to even worse since they started using the Jio network. I on the 100 mbps plan and barely get 12 mbps during the day. Again can't depend on these Indian govt. companies to do anything professionally. Jio is probably freaking datamining us too. Imagine having 100 mbps connection having 45% packet loss on the Singapore Dota 2 server. It's better experience using my Airtel phone to play Dota 2 lmao. Youtube works okay but can't even watch Twitch anymore.

Last edited:
I can second this, they started adding customers in my area like crazy after they switched to Jio backend, which lowered my RX power significantly getting frequent disconnects and LCO is not as responsive as before, Latency is kinda bad compared to before only improving on the EU side of things and having increased in all other routes, even Domestic pings have increased significantly (almost doubling in some cases for the same server).

I switched back to Railwire few months back. There is definitely an improvement IMO since the earlier days. Now the main concern is that there are long power cuts in the entire state and the LCO probably doesn't have enough power backup. Other than LCO's fault, yesterday was probably the only day there was an issue. PPPoE was connected but 100ms+ ping to the gateway with heavy packet losses. Other than that it's most often usable. The upload speeds are still shit on windows.