Anyone using Opensuse 10.3 and bsnl dataone combination ?

• Thread starter Thread starter tyler
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,324

tyler

ISP
Bsnl
I am having major problems using yast in opensuse 10.3 cause i am not
able to add online repositories ( i.e the specify url gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the host though i am able to open the same url in my browser n also the one click install gives the same error that it its not able to add the required repository ....)....i have checked everything n i am certain that it has something to do with the bsnl connection that i have !!

Any1 using opensuse 10.3 with a bsnl dataone connection n who is able to use Yast (the highly rated configuration n setup tool:hysterical🙂 without any problems is requested to reply to this post either in this thread or as a pm or as an email to bharat.srini@gmail.com
,Then I will elaborate on my problem n give all the details required by u to help me solve this issue
I have been trying to solve my problem since the past week and i havent slept
much cause without yast doing its job it is impossible to enjoy working on opensuse 10.3....therefore opensuse fans must try n help me out ! Also i am a member in many forums but the response from those forums seems to suggest that yast is not an issue (its cool) the problem is local i.e only my brilliant indian bsnl friends can help me out !

Thanx man for the prompt reply....but if the problem had been so small
i wud have figured it out by now......anyway i took a look at [Ilugc] bsnl dataone connection in SuSE .........
Actually even without setting a dsl connection i was able to browse the
net n even after setting it up i am able to do the same but the problem i
have is that i am able to view every repository on my browser but when it
comes to adding those repos to yast(through the specify url option or the http option) ...i get errors
For example suppose i am want to add the repository

Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_10.3

to yast
it gives me the error
[*]Unable to create repository
from URL 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_10.3/'
Error trying to read from Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_10.3
History
- Curl error for 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_10.3//repodata/repomd.xml':
Error code:
Error message: couldnt connect to host!
Try again?

[/list]No one has been able to solve my prob n i have tried all possibilities....i am only mentioning few things now and as we go on i will be able to specify my exact problem clearly.

Problem(wierd) statement redefined : I am able to browse all the sites , view all the
repositories( http ,ftp etc) on my browser ............but i am not able to add online
repositories to yast n the 1click installs also say that they have been unable
to add the appropriate repository n thus they r unable to install the relevent packages...
i need to mention this ...i am able to add ftp repositories without any trouble:ashamed:
i hope u understand the consequences of that !
Please help someone!!

cool man ...i made a whole circle round the earth n now i start to ponderif it's the installation that was the problem.....anyway ill try the repair optionn tell u but cud u please ask others u know in this forum like maybe bsnluseror any other person to help me out .....finally i gotta tell u this i neva had any problems during installation...

tyler, dont reinstall from the same CD/DVD, first do a media check to ensure the burn was clean. if not, re-burn at low speed (say 4x or 8x) and not the full speed like 52x.

but also check for firewall, try to turn it off in Yast and see if that helps... this is really strange...

i know the opensuse servers were down for physical shifting a few days/weeks ago but i can also access it now via browser.

i used to run 10.3 a few months ago but now on ubuntu, i never faced this issue...

update:

This thread on google groups suggests disabling IPv6 in Yast which solved one guy's problem: Suse 10.3 strange internet stuff - alt.os.linux.suse | Google Groups