Airtel Broadband IPv6 Deployment Status

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 38,522
Yesterday, I spoke to customer care regarding IPv6 availability and they told that after 1-2 months we have an option to pay ₹900 for the fiber modem and the line will be rewired to fiber, which will support IPv6. I'm not sure about this because a week before the local service engineer told me that IPv6 isn't available yet on airtel and there's nothing planned to support it as of now.

So is anyone here using IPv6 on airtel broadband?
Hi. Could you let me know. What is your city and state?

And, Do you live in housing society?

MTNL has IPV6? can you give more details...
Is it native or tunnel?

Hi. Could you let me know. What is your city and state?

And, Do you live in housing society?

I live in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. No, I don't live in housing society or apartment. It's a building with 3 floors.

IPv6 test - Statistics for India shows that Bharti Airtel is in fact using IPv6 on some of it's connections, however, I have not come across anyone reporting so.

On my own connection, I tried almost all ways (except IPv6 tunnels) to get a valid IPv6 address (Bridge Mode, Route both ways), but couldn't get a public IPv6 address, have anyone of you been successful in getting an IPv6 address ?

1600764085069.webp

Airtel runs a very large enterprise ISP network which runs IPv6. AFAIK They have not implemented IPv6 for residential broadband so far