Anyone using Asus router N56u and above?

kumararvind

TS + HD
ISP
Airtel
Asus has added VPN client feature in its stock firmware asuswrt. It aims at eliminating the need for dd-wrt for adding vpn client support on the router. I would like to know the performance of this feature from people using Asus routers. Please note it is available from firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.2050 onwards.

I am using RT-AC68U. But the firmware is yet to mature as it is a new product. VPN passthrough works but need to wait 1-2 months for new firmwares to iron out last few bugs.

You can download this update from the Asus support site. I am using the ac66u and upgraded to this but am not able to get a different ip. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Also cannot find any guide/walkthrough anywhere

kumararvind said:
You can download this update from the Asus support site. I am using the ac66u and upgraded to this but am not able to get a different ip. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Also cannot find any guide/walkthrough anywhere
Got RT-N65u & can't figure out these options

Yes Pal, understood all of that. Firmware updated but couldn't figure out the usage. Wish there as a guide to understand the feature

Hello. SORRY for having jumped into an old thread but the participants of this thread are best suited to provide the info I need:
I am replacing my existing modem-router with an Asus RT-N66U router for my Airtel Broadband DSL connection. I need a new modem for the RT-N66U but have no idea which one to go for.
Could u people please tell me what modems are u using for ure Asus dual-band routers (like RT-N66U, RT-N65U, RT-AC66U etc.) and whether u r satisfied with ure modems.
Which do u think is the best modem for the RT-N66U?
Please do spare a minute to reply and I shall be really thankful.