Anyone Using 949 Plan?

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
^^^If you have given in writing and have an acknowledgement go and meet some higher official in the QCSC...

genexed

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(vikingboy @ Oct 3 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]64003[/snapback]
my unlimited plan is finally on...........

yyyeeeehhhhoowww
[/b]

@ VIKING Whats speeds are you getting and anyone know if 949 plan still exists or got expired @ 30th sep ?

vikingboy

Regulars
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1205/bandwidthoq9.jpg

here are the speed i'm gettin on unlimited plan.... more or less constant 256 kbps

but the prob is i'm not able to change my IP.... anybody knows how i can do that?
the IP remains same even after switching off and on the modem... :(

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
if IP remains same.. its good isnt it?!!u can ur own webhosting mail hosting etc

genexed

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(vikingboy @ Oct 4 2006, 02:24 AM) [snapback]64097[/snapback]
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1205/bandwidthoq9.jpg
here are the speed i'm gettin on unlimited plan.... more or less constant 256 kbps

but the prob is i'm not able to change my IP.... anybody knows how i can do that?
the IP remains same even after switching off and on the modem... :(
[/b]

Only way i know is by using a proxy server, but that will be slow down the speed by some ratio depending on how fast proxy server you can find.

vikingboy

Regulars
QUOTE("amish")
if IP remains same.. its good isnt it?!!

u can ur own webhosting mail hosting etc[/b]

yes there are a lot of advantages with static IP but my prob is downloading from -- link removed -- which sets a daily quota based on Ip....
looks like i've to make do with slow downloads thru proxy...

Atul

Regulars
QUOTE(vikingboy @ Oct 5 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]64215[/snapback]
yes there are a lot of advantages with static IP but my prob is downloading from -- link removed -- which sets a daily quota based on Ip....
looks like i've to make do with slow downloads thru proxy...
[/b]
damn!! if we have static ip's on the unlimited plan then thats sure gonna suck :confused:

genexed

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(Atul @ Oct 5 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]64233[/snapback]
damn!! if we have static ip's on the unlimited plan then thats sure gonna suck :confused:
[/b]

Really? Suckes evern more in my case, my current ISP uses a transparent proxy server which is blocked by -- link removed --. I cannot download even 1kb using -- link removed -- without using public proxy server.

vikingboy

Regulars
any suggestions for better use of static IP anyone??what are the possible things i can do using it?