• Thread starter Thread starter cyanide
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,973

cyanide

lol
ISP
Fivenet
just wanted to know who else uses newsgroups to download the latest stuff..for those who've never heard about it, do a search for usenet on wikipedia.i personally use newshosting, and their 15$ a month unlimited plan. use it to download my xbox 360 and psp games 😛 , and once in a while, good pc games 🙂though i seriously doubt it, i wanted to know if any indian isp offers newsgroup service, since it would be free. and does anyone here use it? and if yes, from which company?

I dont know why indian ISP's dont offer news groups, but all accounts I got in the US had news groups from dial up's to dsl and cable. In fact the internet was for the most part done to get news groups since the web did not exist then. It also saves the ISP's a lot of bandwidth since news groups are local once the data is transfered once, even if there is a lot of it, last count I saw like over 11000. Its been a while since I used it but I think even something like outlook can be set up to access it. But a news program would make the task of getting programs and such things a lot easier. I never had to pay extra for it and I think any real Internet user would go with an ISP without access to it. Though now with the web it makes using things like this forum much easier and you dont know you are missing anything. At the time when galiticom came out with it, you still had no chance to communicate with others in this fashion except through news groups since forums were still only local until then.

seriously??? I didn't know that! Any idea on how much modded systems cost? And do they work with all the games or is it still in the finicky stage?

around 22500 in np. the hard drive version comes with 24000. runs all games fine original or pirated. this information is from a reliable source though prices can vary.