Anyone On Airtel Home 999 Unlimited?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,722

Deep

Hi Guys,I am currently on MTNL Triaband NU plan but due to heavy usage of net, I am forced to move to some conneciton which provides me unlimited usage of net.Now I quite liked the Airtel's Home 999 plan but the only thing which keeps me thinking is, contention ratio 1:2.So just wanted to know:- The speed variations from the ones who are already using it. - Does it go below 20 - 25 kbps? - Does the speed in night and day vary much?- Upload speeds, are they capped?ThanksDeep

@Deep here are the answers to your questions:--> The speeds you can expect on home 999 plan are Download speeds - Max:27KBPs Min:22KBps AVG:23-24KBps These speeds might apperar to be on the higher side given the contention rato, but these are the speeds that i am getting in Noida.Upload speeds - The upload speeds are constant around 25-28 KBps-->No it won't go below 20 KBps!-->I don't know about Mumbai but here in NCR there is doubling of Download speed during the night without any extra cost. The download speed at night goes upto 50-55KBps. The upload speeds remains the same.I am not sure if Airtel is providing Double speeds at night in Mumbai. Please check this with your local Airtel broadband office.-->Upload speeds are not capped i.e. upload speed=download speedIf you are a heavy downloader and Airtel is availble in your area, then i suggest you go for it with your eyes closed 🙂

does upload download speed u mention work simultaneously or u have to pause the downloads toget that upload speeds????

Wait a minute! Where'd my reply go? It was there above magnet's reply. What's going on here?

Hi every,

just 1 month back i have taken broadband connection from airtel.My plan is Home 999, speed is 384kbps, But now i am getting 512kbps bcoz of some offer(for 3months). My max down load speed is 60kb/sec. average 52 kb/sec. Up load speed is 20kb/sec. really good...

Regards,

Guruprasad,
Bangalore

Hi Guys,
I am currently on MTNL Triaband NU plan but due to heavy usage of net, I am forced to move to some conneciton which provides me unlimited usage of net.

Now I quite liked the Airtel's Home 999 plan but the only thing which keeps me thinking is, contention ratio 1:2.

So just wanted to know:

- The speed variations from the ones who are already using it.
- Does it go below 20 - 25 kbps?
- Does the speed in night and day vary much?
- Upload speeds, are they capped?

Thanks
Deep

nice. i am still paying 1700 for the 512kbps plan 🙁airtel is evil when it comes to offering discounts to people on slower plans.

i just cannot move to a slower pack expecting that the company would call me up and offer me a discounted upgrade to the faster pack 😛

Hi,

May be its depends on Area.For company use cost will be different...They are giving 512kbps for 3 minths only. After airtel is giving only 384kbps only...

Regards,

GP.🙂

i just cannot move to a slower pack expecting that the company would call me up and offer me a discounted upgrade to the faster pack 😛