Anyone here shop from Amway?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 6,941

The Enforcement Directorate accused the company of running a multi-level marketing "scam" where prices of most of the products offered by the company were "exorbitant as compared to the alternative popular products of reputed manufacturers available in the open market".
This way all 5 star Hotels owners should be in jail.

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
lol ignoring the mlm aspect which i assume is not illegal as per indian laws... are they trying to say that brands like Apple and let's say The Body Shop are also scammy companies?

tax evasion is one thing. if mlm is illegal in india, just say so.

That too when no one complained about any scam. Why can't senior members earn commission?
Also looking at the asset and bank balance ratio I guess they were doing business in lockdown too.
So maybe they didn't want to pay election bonds. 😂

The government had banned direct selling companies from promoting pyramid schemes in December. The Consumer Protection (Direct Selling) Rules, 2021 were aimed at protecting consumers' rights and restricting companies which are involved in direct selling like Tupperware, Amway and Oriflame from encouraging money circulation schemes.

so mlm is indeed illegal in india since december last year? so how are these companies operating in india still?

If govt doesn’t revamp this ridiculous tax structure, companies are going to leave slowly. I did like Amway products especially their cod liver oil. But just to get it, I was subjected to immense pressure from the selling “agent” to further spread it so that I could earn commission. Felt Pyramid-like so stopped buying.

Few years ago I also felt in their trap of becoming agent. My colleague's friend was agent who sold their product, and my colleague referred Protein powder from Amway. He also suggested becoming agent so I can get products at discounted prices.
My colleague also warned not to talk his friend for more than 5 min, else he will waste 1 hour explaining all benefits of becoming agent. Unfortunately I had to listen for 45 min before I filled form to become agent and get that protein powder 🤣
That guy was very passionate about his job though, and even asked me to attend some seminar organised by Amway same evening, which I of course didn't attend 😀