Anyone here on the Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband 300Mbps Plan

Funkatronic

Casual Gentleman
Just wanted to know, our society in Pune just got hooked up with the 100/300Mbps plans, so thinking of going for the higher tier. Any experience on here with the plans, are you hitting close to the advertised speeds? Is the Contention Ratio 1:1?

Attached a pic of the plans offered here for reference

Shubham

Don't know about Pune but one of my friends has airtel in Dehradun and he is getting the advertised speed of 300 Mbps

r19

I too am thinking of getting Airtel, but only the 799 plan in Chennai. All I need is minimum 15mbps DL/UL speed to foreign servers and reliability, but I'm not sure if to go. Don't want to go with Jio. Also will need to get a TV package and it would be nice if its IPTV bundled, but I don't think Airtel is being able to do anything on the STB software front

mayank yadav

Thanks for the tag @vishalrao . Yes i do have airtel 300Mbps. The reliability has been super awesome for me. This is a symmetric plan.

I don't think any ISP provides contention ratio of 1:1 for consumer plans.

I get full speed on torrents and in normal routine stuff.

Last edited:

Funkatronic

Casual Gentleman
What is your area/locality in Pune?
Shastrinagar. Been stuck with a Tata/Airtel monopoly in my society for years now, all we got was 16mbps till last year and VDSL till 40 this year, so its a long awaited upgrade for sure.

The wiring got done today, modem/install should happen this week. I'll share my speedtest results once the lines up.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Shastrinagar is the area near Yerwada, right? I guess Airtel has good presence all along Nagar road in Viman Nagar.