Anyone facing issue with Airtel inflating bandwidth usage?

goyal.sanchit

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello everyone

I have airtel 30gb (4 mbps plan) for Rs 1749 and I use it for normal surfing. Have been airtel user since years while this plan itself is few months old.

Since last few months bandwidth usage reported by airtel on the smartbytes page was fine. Infact last month I had 4-5 gb usage left at the end of month.

This month however the usage seems to be highly inflated. I asked them for the detailed usage per day which they provided in the excel sheet which DID NOT match with the usage reported on portal and I informed them the same that their own usage details does not match and they should stop inflating else I would look for some other isp!

I got 2-3 calls from unknown number (Airtel as per truecaller) which I didnt pick as I was sleeping. And then got a message from airtel that My request for disconnection is processed and would be completed in 7 days. No retention department. No explanation. Heck I had not even asked for disconnection (as yet).

How strange is that! Has anyone else experienced inflated usage? What are My options here?

I have too got the same issue this month.Till Monday night i had 80gb left of my FUP.Yesterday i wasnt at home.Today when i came back and checked the FUP had fallen to 45 GB.This is serious issue.Really irritated with Airtel.

No issues here. This might sound strange but I am finding it hard to even come close to using the full quota since they have given me the bonus 20 gb top up. Btw This is my office connection and around 20 devices are connected to this including laptops and some desktops.No cellphones are allowed to connect as it is already over crowded with systems. Even I myself don't connect my cellphone to the network and to make sure no one gets smart I have to use mac filtering. I have only allowed these 20 pcs to be connected by entering their mac address and allowing no other.

Still I have this much left

-- dead tinypic image removed --

@Ras Al Ghul My issue was not that severe. After exchanging lot of emails over 7-10 days (Didnt waste Time at all on phone) They activated a 12 gb smartbyte pack on the connection and credited the same.

After that I have got 50gb bandwidth via airtel broadband surprise so I dont think I would face the issue anymore.

@Ras Al Ghul My issue was not that severe. After exchanging lot of emails over 7-10 days (Didnt waste Time at all on phone) They activated a 12 gb smartbyte pack on the connection and credited the same.

After that I have got 50gb bandwidth via airtel broadband surprise so I dont think I would face the issue anymore.

Has raised an issue over phone and has tweeted airtel presence.Should i mail them?

Email is better as you have written proof. And you can keep on emailing them. Takes less Time. Phone is more time consuming with no proof of previous conversation.

Mailed them.Phoned them.Tweeted them.Lets see now.

In the mean while some idiot airtel technician did "maintenance work" on the box and line and has messed up my connection.