Anyone able to use vodafone volte (Mumbai) in asus zenfone max pro M1?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,255
ISP
MTNL
Hi guys!

Asus provided a new update and added volte support for some carriers and vodafone was also included.
However, I am not able to use volte in my device. I also checked the vodafone's website and it states that device is supported.
I also contacted Vodafone via multiple mediums (twitter, email & call) but not getting any proper response. Is volte really available to all in all circles with compatible handsets?

Vodafone website snapshot

As per Vodafone website it is a available in Mumbai. So hard to say.

Best is to avoid using VoLTE atleast on Vodafone. It has too many issues right now. Even their technicians tell us to disable VoLTE since it is not stable and causes a lot of call drops and your phone would not be reachable most of the time.

@Sushubh I am trying to explain the same thing to their representative and every time they say the same thing " your device is supported" 😒 Calling to 198 was a complete nightmare, they were giving very stupid lame excuses like you need to activate a 4g pack to use the service.

@Nishant This was something I was not aware. Although my friend uses Volte and never complained about it but still let me ask him one time about it.

I just bought Zenfone Max Pro M1 & I found that volte was not working on my Phone, after doing a Google search I found that they don't offer it to all compatible phone so I approached them on twitter & they got back to me & switched it on from their end it was working fine for 14 days but yesterday I found that volte symbol on my phone had disappeared, Vodafone on twitter mislead me. When I went to their mini Store near my house he used my phone dialled 108 & found that volte will be down till the 29 of this month. It's a real bummer after of the hype in the media

You mean VoLTE would be down for whole Mumbai?

I got new phone (realme 2) and its not showing VoLTE

An update to post #7 above, I got a call from Vodafone fromAhmedabad, from their network team & was v confident he would solve my problem of disappearing VOLTE symbol. He claims to have done a 'refresh' from his end & I restarted my phone & 'hey presto' that sign was visible & my DL speeds improve under VOLTE. No one tells me what the exact problem ('issue' in their language) is.😏

Thats a non-sense. Will each and every customer call?

After VoLTE activation ... I hope that my 2G/3G network doesnt go bad or conflict with so called VoLTE upgrade.

@amish Agree totally its total nonsense quite contrary to their boast in the social media thats its available for all. I think they are doing this because their infrastructure or lack of it cannot handle the entire load. When I asked them why they are doing it this way theri answer is 'Not everyone wants it'. The irony is their VOLTE service is so crappy that NO ONE will want it

I just called them... she made me wait 2minutes and then said.... there was issue in VoLTE from many days - now it should be resolved.

And she asked me to turn on VoLTE.

So I hung up phone and switched to 4G and enabled VoLTE.

And nothing happened. VoLTE still doesnt appear.

And I didnt call them back... dont want to risk network issue by enabling VoLTE as its my primary card.

Better to stick to 3G/2G (auto) mode.

@socrates How is the VoLTE service actually..... Call connection and voice quality...... and does it fallback to 2G/ 3G in the absence of 4G network.

@amish After enabling VOLTE on your device, restart your phone. Give it a few minutes it should start. BTW yesterday around 1915hrs entire signal disappeared & my phone with a 5000 mAh battery drained down to 48% from 80%. I have licked them on twitter & expect a call with their patent spiel. (I dont envy these poor guys)🙄