Anyone able to connect DC hubs

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 11,552
You have to be in the same IP range to connect.Let me explain.if you have your ip address as 172.18.10.10 and subnet mask as 255.255.0.0 , then you can connect to people with addresses 172.18.xxx.xxx.If you keep mask as 255.0.0.0 you can connect with people with 172.xxx.xxx.xxx .So keep your mask as 255.0.0.0 (AFAIK you cant keep 0.0.0.0) , you will get maximum connectivity.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ May 25 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]52241[/snapback]
You have to be in the same IP range to connect.
Let me explain.
if you have your ip address as 172.18.10.10 and subnet mask as 255.255.0.0 , then you can connect to people with addresses 172.18.xxx.xxx.
If you keep mask as 255.0.0.0 you can connect with people with 172.xxx.xxx.xxx .

So keep your mask as 255.0.0.0 (AFAIK you cant keep 0.0.0.0) , you will get maximum connectivity.
[/b]

Well , thats new to me ! But hey aniket , wont that affect my internet connectivity ? So i'll hav to change bak to the original settings every time i want to use my sify , right ??? And i have also heard people on sify whose dc was not working have been using it by changing theis ip's !!! Is that true ?? If so , how do i go about it ???

It wont affect your internet connection in any way. These changes are only in the scope of LAN.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ May 25 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]52270[/snapback]
It wont affect your internet connection in any way. These changes are only in the scope of LAN.
[/b]
Yeah dude, checked it out .... thanks ... but can u check whether changing the ip will make my dc++ work ???? And how do i go about it ???

You need to find out what IP range is being used in your area(using ethereal or something) . Or if you know people you can decide on a common IP range , eg 10.12.xxx.xxx and all of you keep mask as 255.0.0.0. But remember the IP address has to be in the same subnet as the gateway address given by Sify . My guess is that all are in same IP range if only SIFY is there on your LAN.Then DC will surely work., if you are on same segment of LAN.

OK aniket i'll try it. what u said. so u r saying that i can connect to ppl who r in 10.250.145.x range when i m on 10.250.130.x range. is that correct or i got it wrong. and if i can than thanks alot for this information. what i tried earlier was to add some more default gateways and also add some more IP's but then my Broadband was getting disconnected after some time. anyways i'll try this and see if that works or not. so according to u i should leave subnet mast to 255.0.0.0 that's it and i should be able to connect to all the IP ranges which starts with 10.250.x.x. if i missed something then just explain it again. thanks alot again. and one more thing is there any way to get routed the LAN through default gateways. like to connect LANs of two different CTO's though all LAN's of Sify are connected with each other. Using DC++. ????

Hey aniket , yhanks for the info but it doesnt seem to work for me ..... And yeah , i am able to connect and download from public hubs , ie via the net , but at the normal download speed , but am unable to connect to any local hubs ... What do you make out from this ??? Am i right in saying that there is some blocking problem or is it that all the local hubs are down ???? Also , can any1 plz giv me a list of WORKING Sify hubs in Navi Mumbai ??? Plz guys

gr8 i tried it through VMware and i was able to do that. i mean from someother ip range i was able to download data after changing subnet mask to 255.0.0.0. thanks alot aniket. bye take care. now the problem is i don't know how to tell ppl on my LAN that i m running a DC++ HUB. coz earlier i used to leave a txt document containing all the information. But now they can't access anything on my PC. not even WORKGROUP PC's

anyone from bbay having the ip range 10.10.xxx.xxx . only like 4 ppl on my lan that i know off...i get speeds of like 9 sumtimes 11 MBps 😀 on DC++

QUOTE(FLipM0dE @ May 27 2006, 02:31 PM) [snapback]52445[/snapback]
anyone from bbay having the ip range 10.10.xxx.xxx . only like 4 ppl on my lan that i know off...i get speeds of like 9 sumtimes 11 MBps 😀 on DC++
[/b]
Wow , i guess i'm really missing something !!!! Guys plz help , and flip flop , what version of dc are you using ??? And what ip and port do u use in the settings ??? And do u make any changes in ur lan connections while using dc++ ???? Plz guys help me out !! Really despo here

QUOTE(Phoenix @ May 27 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]52452[/snapback]
Wow , i guess i'm really missing something !!!! Guys plz help , and flip flop , what version of dc are you using ??? And what ip and port do u use in the settings ??? And do u make any changes in ur lan connections while using dc++ ???? Plz guys help me out !! Really despo here
[/b]

ahhh i no wht cld be wrong with ur connction

go to Local Area Connection(those two blinking comp things bottom right)
then properties, there u will see ur lan card and on its right ull see "configure" go there in the advanced tab
see that the "LINK SPEED" is 100MBps FULL DUPLEX and see to it that ur frnds on lan do this too
u shld get good speeds now

OR

u cld go go to ur lan card thru my computer/properties/hadware/device setting/advanced also 🙂

i use DC++ 0.689 also in dc++ settings make LINE speed 100Mbps thats it 🙂

thanx man , yeah it improved the speeds a bit !!!And guyyyyyzzzzzzz , i got dc workin 😀 wowwww !!!! You just hav to change ur ips n lol , u r up and running !!! And better keep the subnet to 255.255.255.0 , cuz i cudnt connect to the hubs if i changed it !!!!! Enjoy guyz