Anycast

• Thread starter Thread starter ijsa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 13,799
So I can just connect the Anycast stick to a USB power source and leave it on. It need not be connected to a TV to work as a repeater?

@Zexen Switch the anycast to Airplay mode, Then connect Anycast to Home wifi network. Your Home wifi network will get repeated via Anycast-wifi network. You don't need to keep TV on for wifi repeating to work just keep the anycast USB powered.

@Pankaj Singhal Yes, you are right, once setup is complete, You just need to power usb of anycast, Even if TV is OFF it will work.

It is just the way I have setup my home network.......

And I have seen endorsing the rules in network with IP address are more effective as compared to mac addresses...... i.e. I set a rule for my sons mobile device to have internet at particular hours...... but was not effective, he hacked it out by changing IP.... only after fixing and binding IP,the rules were effective.....

Where is the update option???
Yes, there is Upgrade option to update and Resolution option to change resolution in my anycast airsetup. Do recheck, It must be there in airsetu the like first option is Wifi, then language then password then default mode then Resolution the upgrade.
17990886_1658317907808792_3995042858220825142_n.jpg

I do not have this menu/ interface....

Following are screenshot of the interface on TV....

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Is it the above pic posted by you screenshot of app/ tv screen interface.....

My firmware version 4.62.00....

@ijsa The screenshot you posted is of TV and I posted anycast airsetup mobile interface. steps to do so : In the first mode screenshot 1(Airplay) mode login to anycast wifi network through your mobile by entering password 12345678 then once wifi is connected press this in chrome web address bar http://192.168.49.1 by doing that you will get into airsetup of anycast where you can set resolution, upgrade your firmware and I recommend you to change password also as the default password is weak in your case.

The Anycast setup is as follows:

Main Screen

WiFi Screen

Scan Screen

Setting Screen

there are no further options....

No option to update/ upgrade or set screen resolution.....

What is your firmware version..... mine is 4.62.00

and the screenshot posted by you...... has EzCast pro written..... is it a EzCast dongle.......

And you are lucky that your Anycast Dongle AP works even after switching off TV by remote but mine does not....... may be due to different TV..... mine is Samasung....

Last edited:
@ijsa Ok, I could see that your dongle is version 1 of anycast and mine is version 2 of anycast, so the difference. No after upgrade in anycast v2 dongle you get this option like ezcast, pro, pro+timer which are just different names for airplay, mircast, mircast for 2 minutes then airplay mode.
Regarding the second part, Is the usb port of anycast powered, as thats the thing which matter, HDMI port has nothing to do with it.

@ bsnl super user, I need your help regarding Anycast. I use jiofi and use Jio Tv on my phone to watch starsports select hd2. I tried casting function of Win 10 and it works but the problem is Hotstar content is DRM protected so it does not display on screen. Can you try to see if anycast can mirror Hotstar through JioTv properly.

Just tried it does not work it still shows black and sound plays no Video though

I guess you should use an older version of Hotstar as it was working for me around 6 months ago as of now I can't test it because my windows 10 is messed up and connect app itself isn't working for me now but why JIO isn't releasing website version of their apps, Do they have a contract to just provide this services on mobile devices only?

it works on a phone with lollipop but does not work with marshmellow....