Anycast

ijsa

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 3, 2008
Already have Shield 3GB-32GB....

Needed for additional TV.....

Earlier thought of getting a good box from AliExpress...... but after previous bad experience with AliExpress.... so don't intend to.....

other than that.... these boxes listed on ebay/ Amazon/ flip etc... don't seem good enough....

And casting seems a good option....

Checked out Anycast stick at one of the shop..... Was offered at 830Rs...... but as you said..... the compatibility issue with many phones... the shopkeeper could/ knew only through MiraCast which my phone (I had at that time did not support)..... I will visit him tomorrow with the other old Sony phone which supports screen mirroring.......

But most people do not know how to set up Anycast properly and have it on your WiFi network....

Checkout the attached video for configuring Anycast....

Source

So will buy Anycast tomorrow, only if it is able to configure properly on WiFi......

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
@ijsa Miracast comes with lag problem and also battery drains fast whereas in airplay mode battery drain is least and you could use an app called allconnect to share youtube media to anycast, it plays real-time without any lag.

Reactions: ijsa

ijsa

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
May 3, 2008
Thx.. @Bsnl Super User ..... I'll keep that in mind....

MiraCast was to be only used to check the device....... as it is a China product....... so the shopkeeper does not offer any warranty..... you can only check the product before buying using MiraCast....

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
@ijsa Bro, Anycast has both Mircast and Airplay, It has one button on the side to change mode. Yes, It's chines product but product looks well built, I am using it as wireless repeater, Its range is much better than any single 5dbm antenna router I have, I am using it for 1.5 years mostly on 24x7 because in my house no one switches off power chord of TV, It still working very fine without getting heated up.

Reactions: ijsa

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
What is Mircast ?

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Err...not really from what I know. Its more of a standard. Devices supporting the standard can exchange data. Hence your android phone which supports Miracast is able to talk to the HDMI stick which also supports Miracast and send info (your Android screen content) to it & since HDMI stick is connected to your TV it is able to play it there...

Reactions: meetdilip

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
@Zexen Switch the anycast to Airplay mode, Then connect Anycast to Home wifi network. Your Home wifi network will get repeated via Anycast-wifi network. You don't need to keep TV on for wifi repeating to work just keep the anycast USB powered.

Last edited:

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
Regulars
Sep 22, 2015
@mhsabhir I agree, I thought he was asking about What is the use of Miracast mode in any wireless stick as evident from the previous discussion going on this thread.