Anybody using timbl broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Socio
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,228
I am from Rewari, Haryana, the services are alright. Had a fiber cut a few days back, they took 3 days to fix it normally they take max 1 day, the linemen in our area are not working properly during this lockdown, this all has prompted me to look towards alternatives

Any speed limitation/restriction during lockdown ?
In UP east they restricted speed to 30 Mbps then 40 ( for 50 Mbps plan ) . However they have restored full speed now ( after 25 may or so )
New customer here ! Wanted to know
Do they have any hidddn FUP limit for unlimited plans ?
Heard somewhere they throttle speed after 500 Gb for unlimited plans ? Have u faced any such incidence ?

I was using a 20mbps connection, so can't tell you that. My usage has also not crossed 500gb, but the linemen and salesmen in our area all tell that there is an FUP of 500gb.
Where are you from?

There is no fup on the 50mbps unlimited plan. I used it for a month in Feb used about 980ish GBs worth of data.
I am planning to go back to them provided they agree to give me bridge mode. The guy has been calling me calling daily to get me to recharge my connection, I told him that I need bridge mode else I won't be able to recharge, now he is saying he is working on it. Fingers crossed.

@achaudhary997 i have a doubt 😕

Do small ISPs have capability/option to define different FUP limit for different regions/customers for same plan?

Because They might have no FUP on unlimited plans in NCR region but Tier 2 cities could be facing throttling ( saw reviews of timbl on trustpilot which complain of 500 GB FUP on unlimited plans and as also stated by @hihfhyu74 )

Tbh they can do it of they want. You can try asking them but 500gb for 50 mbps sounds too low for an FUP.

Timbl is applying FUp post 500gb. I had used that amount in 18 days and after that my speed was throttled to 2 mbps. And companies cannot put any amount of FUP before informing the customers, is given in TRAI directive that a company has to give the amount of data if FUP is to be applied. Their customer service is really bad and they are extremely rude.

I agree to ur point ! This is pure fraud and unprofessional . You cannot call a 500 GB plan as Unlimited . On their website they have mentioned :"FUP policy to be applied on commercial use ". 500 GB can't be called as commercial. They have been deceiving their customers .

I don't mind 500 GB FUP on 825₹ plan , but u gotta tell customers in advance.You can't use the Unlimited tag to attract them ( when its actually limited )

In my 45 days usage i have raised 8 complaints.I dont even complaint now , knowing nothing is gonna happen
During Phase 2 and phase 3 lockdown they reduced the speed to 30 Mbps then increased to 40 Mbps ( on complaining)

Nowadays, During Working/business hours the speed suffers extreme fluctuations : 5 Mbps to 48 Mbps . Their network is overburdened

Will probably shift to airtel fiber at the end of current cycle. Will suggest any other alternative than this ISP. I have had enough of them

In my city(Allahabad) there is Airtel but a month ago they were not present in my area, so maybe untill airtel is available I'll stick to Timbl. Airtel has some good plans in my city and if they can provide a connection to me then I'll switch for sure.

Same here bro, I had to recharge twice to get rid of the FUP. I'm madly searching for an alternative in Mundera

Last edited by a moderator:
Timbl is applying FUp post 500gb. I had used that amount in 18 days and after that my speed was throttled to 2 mbps. And companies cannot put any amount of FUP before informing the customers, is given in TRAI directive that a company has to give the amount of data if FUP is to be applied. Their customer service is really bad and they are extremely rude.
What happened after that? Did they increase your speed?