Anybody using Airtel in Lucknow?

• Thread starter Thread starter rajil.s
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 7,132
ISP
BSNL
Hello,

I looked up the website and went for the '999' plan which is supposed to give 4 Mbps download. The Airtel local sales rep also mentioned that the speed is 4mbps. However, speedtest showed a 2mbps download speed. Gave a call to customer care and i am told that the my speed is 2mbps only.

So is the plan on the Airtel website a fake one and I just got misled on this?

ib0gHPS.jpg

Post your line stats.

Your line stats could highlight a few things. Plus if Airtel does not support 4mbps in your area, there is nothing you can do about it except for getting the connection disconnected.

4mbps is available in lucknow all areas. 8 & 16 mbps are on feasibility.

I was looking for 'attainable line rate' in your line stats. Your Attenuation and SNR values are very good. In fact, it might be good enough for 16 Mbps. But 'attainable line rate' will indicate what the line can handle.

Your line can easily handle 16 Mbps.

Line stats usually include attainable line rate but your modem has them on a different page.

Anyway....call airtel and ask them to change your plan.

Thanks for confirming this. My intentions are to get a 16mbps plan for 1099, but i am still fighting for 4mbps/Rs 999 plan.

Please can you post your SNR and attenuation values, and your plan details.

Thanks

I am on 1299 25GB 8mbps..unlimited local std calling

Last edited:
I am on 1299 25GB 8mbps..unlimited local std calling

Ah, now why are you getting 8mbps when the website suggests you should be on 16mbps plan? Your linestats suggest that you should be able to get 20mbps throughput.

MQh0TCb.jpg

Last edited:
actually from 1099 onwards thats the maximum speed mentioned and its your choice. you can ask for 2mbps in the same plan and 16 mbps in the same plan. actually thing is the more speed the faster you consume your GB quota. i was on 16mbps but 25gb was consumed in 15 days. thats why i switched to 8 mbps. airtel doesnt charge anymore for speed. it only charges according to data available from plan 1099 onwards. and u will get these plans and options only through email to 121@in.airtel.com. customer care wont tell u about this as its still not available with them.

now suppose u want 1099 plan so email them exactly this way:
Kkindly change my plan to Airtel-UL-Rapid 1099 15GB (16MBPS/512KBPS) Combo Plan.

you can ask for any speed from 2-4-8-or 16.

Last edited:
it only charges according to data available from plan 1099 onwards. and u will get these plans and options only through email to 121@in.airtel.com. customer care wont tell u about this as its still not available with them.

now suppose u want 1099 plan so email them exactly this way:
Kkindly change my plan to Airtel-UL-Rapid 1099 15GB (16MBPS/512KBPS) Combo Plan.

you can ask for any speed from 2-4-8-or 16.

Thanks for explaining this to me. No wonder nobody has a clue how this works. Is there any place where this is mentioned?

I did send a complaint to that email address but nobody responded. Does the email address need to be registered with them? If so how can i have that done.

Last edited:
its not mentioned anywhere. when i got a new connection 6-7 months back i was on 1099 2 mbps 15gb plan but the sales guy told me u can upgrade to upto 16mbps anytime just call customer care. but after a month when i called customer care i was told above 2mbps is not feasable in your area (as ususal they didnt have any clue) then i sent an email just mentioning my airtel acc number and lanline number kindly change my speed to 4mbps. and it was done within 2hours and i got the speed from next day. this i how i came to know how this works. then i upgraded to 1299 25gb 16mbps but 16mbps was too much for 25gb quota so i downgraded to 8mbps. everything by just email. customer care may have been updated now regarding these plans, i am not sure, email will work for sure.

registered email is always better as they respond quicker. call customer care and update your email with them. in the email mention your airtel acc number and landline number in the subject line. they respond within 2 hours definitely, if not next day its for sure. i email for everything to airtel and response is super fast always. also send them a screenshot of the plan u want from their website, which you posted here.

and i think this is only for lucknow as airtel lets you avail upto 16mbps speed for plans above 1000. for other cities check with the sales guy or customer care.

Last edited: