• Thread starter Thread starter Dark_Knight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,596

Dark_Knight

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Just wanted to know whter MTNL subscribers can use SkypeOut... Also, anybody using skype handsets?? I was planning to buy one

It works fine!!All services like that will work .It's uses VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL

QUOTE(Dark_Knight @ May 19 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]51725[/snapback]
Just wanted to know whter MTNL subscribers can use SkypeOut... Also, anybody using skype handsets?? I was planning to buy one[/b]

MTNL works fine with Skype, but not tried SkypeOut since that is a lot of $$$.

It's free for pc to pc man!!TAke some info from HubMeisterWhat if u wanna call landline phone to USA from PC???You got to buy then!It's similar like VSNL NETPHONE!

That was till a few days back.Now you can call all +1 routing numbers for free. That includes most of NA and NA islands.

you can call free to all north america but only from north america . U.S. and Canada calling is free but only for those who has are in U.S or canada.. if u try it then u will get error to put money in acount. Skype can use socks but i havent tried yet. Anyone tried a u.s. proxy ?

Yaa you need to "appear" to be calling from US.Buy a cheapo hosting (starting from $2 per month) and tunnel your traffic through that. Quite a few hosts allo cron jobs. And a simple PHP/Perl script can do TCP tunneling.

Using a US proxy didn't work for me. Tried it a couple of days back. Skype looks for a direct connection at first and if that's not available, only then does it use the proxy configuration (has to be specified both in skype and IE). I tried blocking the ports which skype uses for direct connections in the router but skype is so good at circumventing firewalls and filters that am guessing it will require somethin along the lines of what netfreak suggested for this to be able to work.

Could u guys suggest ne cheaper alternative?? Skypeout costs somethin like Rs 1 per min I guess.. Is there nething cheaper than that?

QUOTE(Dark_Knight @ May 20 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]51849[/snapback]
Could u guys suggest ne cheaper alternative??[/b]
Wait for netfreak to setup something quickly 🙂

never knew indian rupee had such an awesome value that a rupee a minute seems expensive 😱

Finally got the script to work.... 🙂Anybody interested in trying it out? PM meFor now, you need1. Linux (any flavour as long as it runs IPTables).2. Vmware slice running Windows. This slice will run Skype.3. A hosting account that allows Cron jobs.4. Understanding of C++ and willingness to debug linux IPTables code. This is requierd ONLY if things don't work. For some reason, I am not able to make it work with Linux version of Skype running on Host. Linux version of Skype should work if it is running in vmware.The way script works is:1. Adds a chain to virtual interface created by vmware2. This chain extracts ANY outgoing TCP packet from this interface.3. IT forwards to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at port 80 in a wrapper4. Perl script running at port 80 receives this packet, opens it and forwards it to Skype servers. It mangels the IP5. Perl script receives packet from Skype, unmangels it and forwards it to your PC.