Any users of IQARA night unlimited 256Kbps ?

• Thread starter Thread starter kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 12,972

kumar

I am from Hyderabad and presently using su*king SIFY , i have the option of shifting to IQARA BROADBAND , they can provide 256 Kbps night unlimited for only 550 rupees per month including all charges. That too they provide 12 hours per day ( 10 pm - 10 am ) and the whole of sunday , whearas sify only provides for 10 hours (10 - 8) at 650+ Rupees . It will help me greately if some one can tell me what consistent speeds they are getting and whether any hidden download limit exists .

i can say this. atleast 1 customer support guy is worried about their users. 🙂

Does this mean we dont have any access to the internet in morning?

What i want are good download speeds and even with 10 pm - 10 am connection i can hope to use 4 - 5 hrs , which would be quite satisfactory considering i dont surf much in day , whats more i can schedule downloads in the night. So if any one has already used this pack please tell me your experiences.

i am using iqara broadband 256kbps night pack...i got 32kbps constant download speed ...no disconnection...no sam sever problem..very nice packeg... sify 256kbps night pack is suck...always get sam sever problem...disconnection after 2 or 3 am..and they call night pack humm.../

Originally posted by raj000@Jun 10 2005, 07:14 PM
i...no sam sever problem..very nice packeg...
    sify 256kbps night pack is suck...always get sam sever problem...disconnection after 2 or 3 am..and they call night pack humm.../
[snapback]12023[/snapback]
[/quote]

What is a sam server ?

regarding iqara. i am in contact with one of their customer support guy who is more than ready to know about any problems faced by any iqara customer. if you are one of them PM me to get his mail id...

Where do you live Raj and how long has it been since you are subscribing forIqara night pack . Also tell me how much you paid for installation and the monthly rental you are paying . Is it possible that we can download at least 1 Giga Byte every day,theoretically 32 KBps * 12 HRs = 1350 MByte . Unbelievably if extrapolated, each month theoretically will yield 45 GB that tooat a meagre 500 odd Rs .

the tagline for iqara seems to be 'Expand Your Imagination'I believe they first need to "Expand" their website....what with just one useful page with phone numbers and addresses....and last updated 2 years ago...BUT A GENUINE QUESTION HERE: Anyone from Chennai use this service? Do they provide their service WITHOUT the need for a cable operator?I'll have to call 'em up tomorrow...one friend said its good (but today he tried for a job at Satyam, so i'm not so sure what he'll advise next 😉 )

Originally posted by raj000@Jun 10 2005, 08:30 PM
search Sify Broadband forum u will find out
[snapback]12038[/snapback]
[/quote]

err, yeah...did that...and its full of ppl whining about losing connections to a sam server, still leaving me wondering WTF is a sam server !!!

a google shows me sam might mean simple anonymous messaging, or something to do with an anonymous P2P setup ..ha!

Are these ppl talking about their ISP not being able to stay connected to some anonymous P2P server ?

in simple terms i had believe it is the local central server where you login to get connected to the internet. 🙂

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 11 2005, 01:39 AM
in simple terms i had believe it is the local central server where you login to get connected to the internet. 🙂
[snapback]12103[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ahh..authentication , we're getting some where now 🙂

ISP gives them a client that has thier login nfo etc and has them connect to this sam server to let them out.

Yeesh...my isp had one till last yr but deprecated it for DHCP & MAC addresses, 1 less layer to deal with.

Still does not get around the fact that his cables are dangling overhead and waiting for a tree to knock them out.

Thing that i like bout Airtel is their wires appear to be underground at least where i live, upto the street corner.

So Kumar have you taken the iqara connection? If yes what speeds are you getting and would you recommend taking it?