Any Thane users?

shishir_sri

ISP
YouTele
Hey guys... I'm currently using YouTele's internet service and i wish to change it. I have a couple of questions regarding this... please humor me...1. Is there a waiting period for getting a MTNL triband connection?2. I read something called as the "April problem". Is it still there? If so, I read that you can solve it by going into bridge mode. But that apparently requires a dialer. I need to connect 2 PCs. I was planning to use a switch. Can i do that and use the bridge mode?3. Are there any users here who use this service and reside in thane? I could use some feedback from the area.Thanks a lot guys...Shishir

1) I got this email on 8th Sept '09
'Dear Customer,

We are happy to inform that the Broadband waiting list has become current in all the exchange areas barring only a few exchanges in Navi Mumbai & West-3 areas. Now Broadband connections can be provided within 7 days of booking.

For bookings please call 1500 or visit nearest Customer Service Centre.

MTNL Mumbai
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited Mumbai, A Government Of India Enterprise'

2) 'April problems' got solved latest by June '09 😀. You can connect 2 computer using a switch.

Hey guys...Thanks for the response... I called them up and booked a connection. The lady said they'll send someone for the installation with 3 to 4 days... :yahoo:BTW... they're giving me the modem for free cos they have some diwali offer or something... :dance:Thanks again guys...HAPPY DIWALI!!!,Shishir