Any Shortwave Radio Enthusiasts(dxers) Here? Need Help.

Guys i've been really slogging my a** to setup a good reception system for listening to shortwave radio broadcasts, the most f**king thrilling thing to me... the whole world in a dial i would say.. but for the past 4-5 years i've been a very casual DXer, with only cheap chinese radiosets... now i really need advice from any DXers out here, coz i need to buy a good, moferately expensive radio especially for DXing... my price rabge would be 5 to 8k max... please help anybody!!!!! if you need more clarification regarding my requirements, please post and i'll elaborate further.... i really need some advice on this one... guys help!!!!could anyone of you possibly review some sangean and Sony sets!

What is a "DXer" by the way? and what is DXing?

QUOTE(netfreak @ May 7 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]50556[/snapback]
What is a "DXer" by the way? and what is DXing?
[/b]
hey 🙂
DXing means listening to Distant Transmissions(DX), and the one who does it is called a DXer 😛
a REALLY intriguing world out there in the sky i must say!

In India dxers are plagued by shortage of good radio. Even the dogged ones became doggone!

A very good radio for dxing is available in the market. The model is Kaito KA1102 or Degen DE1102 made in China. It is much better than the Sonys of that size.

How much do they cost? And do they have "line out" so that it can be connected to existing setup.

Please search in the ebay. They should not cost more than 5k. Another good addition to the receiver list is redsun 2100. Yeah! The receivers have line-out female jacks. Then there are good and active groups in yahoo as well as google.

Guys i've been really slogging my a** to setup a good reception system for listening to shortwave radio broadcasts, the most f**king thrilling thing to me... the whole world in a dial i would say.. but for the past 4-5 years i've been a very casual DXer, with only cheap chinese radiosets... now i really need advice from any DXers out here, coz i need to buy a good, moferately expensive radio especially for DXing... my price rabge would be 5 to 8k max... please help anybody!!!!! if you need more clarification regarding my requirements, please post and i'll elaborate further.... i really need some advice on this one... guys help!!!!

could anyone of you possibly review some sangean and Sony sets!

There are reviews galore in net. Just you google.... And remember you shall also need a reasonably good antenna....