Any One Using Iqara At Vizag

• Thread starter Thread starter swetha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,107

swetha

Hi,I am planning to get broadband connection with iqara at vizag. I am planning to take 96kbps of unlimited. Its 680/- per month. [including modem rent]. Actually I use internet for 5 hrs perday [usually yahoo messenger, emails ]. So.. Is this plan suits my needs?Anyone using IQARA service at vizag? Is there service good?Please respond me asap, bcoz Iqara is going to give connection in 2 days.Thanks Swetha

Well if you only use it for 5Hrs then you can try MB or Hour Based plans as well... They will provide you with better speeds for the same price. As to the particular Plan you have chosen... according to the You Telecom site (new name for Iqara) you get 96Kbps for Rs. 549(incl Rent) + Tax

QUOTE(Karan_S @ Aug 31 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]60670[/snapback]
Well if you only use it for 5Hrs then you can try MB or Hour Based plans as well... They will provide you with better speeds for the same price.

As to the particular Plan you have chosen... according to the You Telecom site (new name for Iqara) you get 96Kbps for Rs. 549(incl Rent) + Tax
[/b]

Thank u Karan for your response.

Even if I use Yahoo messenger for voice chat for 5hrs, is MB based plan is enough? How much it will consume for downloading?

When I asked Iqara guy, he said that almost 12MB will be consumed per day and if I use webcam it will consume more, so he said that only unlimited plan suits me. Is it correct? Please advice me.

Thanks
Swetha

Well if you look at their MB Plans you can get DT650 with 512Kbps speed for Rs. 650 with 2GB data transfer amount, thats about 70MB a day. If you think your usage is/will be more then i suggest you go in for the Unlimited one.

QUOTE(Karan_S @ Sep 1 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]60683[/snapback]
Well if you look at their MB Plans you can get DT650 with 512Kbps speed for Rs. 650 with 2GB data transfer amount, thats about 70MB a day. If you think your usage is/will be more then i suggest you go in for the Unlimited one.
[/b]

Actually Karan, I thought to go for DT650 plan by checking the site. But when I called Iqara, they said it's not 650 /- pm, it's about 1200/- per month. So I did not choose that plan.

Is there service reliable?
Any suggestions?

Swetha

So long as they are providing it with the Cable Modem(Motorola Surfboard) it will be reliable... if it is using the CAT5 Wire from the Pole outside then i can't say really about that. They are good speed wise, atleast they were for me till i had it.As to the price variance did you not ask them about such a HUGE difference compared to their own site?