Any news on TIC Fiber in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter maniac123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 48,484
I just saw my LCO and two other guys deploying fiber trunk in my street. Hopefully this would be my last bill cycle dealing with FUP nonsense :angel:

Spoke with TIC customer care and got call back from LCO sales team, they confirmed the feasibility and ready to provide connection within 7 days, however considering abundance of GB's, Speed & amazing tech support by Hathway and with Airtel as a backup, this is just too much for me, so no TIC fiber for now.

Just confirmed that there is no truly unlimited TIC fiber plan in chennai. Even though the website has these plans , cable guys are not willing .
All you can get in unlimited plan is slightly more fup which they will not quantify as it is a shared connection among customers.
WILL
WAIT FOR JIO

I just saw my LCO and two other guys deploying fiber trunk in my street. Hopefully this would be my last bill cycle dealing with FUP nonsense :angel:
You need to wait longer bro

Strange. My LCO was willing to offer the 20 Mbps plan. He specifically mentioned it was truly unlimited. Apparently there is a delay from Tata's side on provisioning the bandwidth. The cables have already been deployed. Anyway I won't take the connection if there is any FUP.

Total fraud. They have high FUP but the usage of 1GB shows up as ~5GB. I have been using other broadband and 110GB was enough for a month. After changing to this TIC, usage on their website shows as 85GB for 6 days. My usage pattern has not changed. WTW!

Also they control your connection like anything. The connection goes down all the time but does come back in 5 to 10 mins. It's annoying.

Due to some issues with Mac address associated to a connection issue, they disconnected me and dint bother checking with me or inform. I called LCO and he informed me about that after a day. And then the connection was reset.

Also everyone @TIC fiber knows your password (the portal and the connection) including TCO.
I was surprised, so I asked technician. And he said, because he is logged in as admin, he knows but other person who attends customer call won't. But the first question the customer call rep asked is "did you type this password?. spells out my password.." wth?

best broadband connection ever becuase it's the only
only broadband that provides 10 MBPS speed with unlimited bandwidth and i used more than 500GB data within 2months
and the plans are very cheap you can get 700GB data for 2k rupees only
and during rain connection drops
and customer service is ok