Any HP Touchpad users here?

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
Just trying to find out if I'm the only HPTouchpad user on this forum...

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
Are you running webOS or dual boot with android?

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
I am running WebOS. Wasn't impressed with the ICS build that I saw for the TP, hence will wait till a better one is available.

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
Did you try CM9? I think it's very stable for an alpha build. Most of the apps I use work (after a few tweaks and fixes). The interface is a refreshing change and so much smoother than CM7 GB. I haven't booked into webOS in ages.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
^ Isn't CM9 ICS? I saw the video they put up for the same, but wasn't that impressed as some things seemed to not work. I am not an app junkie, but I need core functionalities to work smooth. I have hwoever upgraded to ICS on my DHD and am liking it :D

GarfieldDC

Regular
Regulars
CM9 is ICS. Most of the videos out there are on the initial alpha builds. The current CM9 alpha 0.6 is very stable. Some things still still need be fixed but most issues from the original builds have been or are being fixed. Hardware Acceleration doesn't work but you can still play movies and videos using Sweet acceleration. Due to this you can't play HD videos on YouTube but if you turn off the HD option videos play without issues. Wifi is patchy for some people although I've had no issues. Most of the the apps I use regularly including some high end games work without any issues. I play MC3 on the TouchPad without any issues. So for me the current version of CM9 is very usable. We should see some quick progress on CM9 development for the Touchpad now that HP has released the Android kernel they had developed for the Touchpad to the CyanogenMod team.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
^ Exactly, and I am waiting for some enhancements from that to make way into the CM builds. I use the TP as a media consumption device and so YouTube is absolutely necessary. The lack of support of HD (as claimed) is a downer. I expect to make the switch in a month's time when hopefully things will be better.

cisco_tech

Regular
Regulars
CM team confirmed that kernel released by HP will not help them in fixing major bugs currently. but definitely help in smaller issues. For me webOS all the way. Pre3+Touchpad. Perfect Jodi. ;)

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
I actually quite like WebOS. Amazing how futuristic the OS was and how it still works so well in today's scenario. If only HP hadn't ****ed it up.