Any Graymarket for LCD TV

• Thread starter Thread starter baba_maal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,600

baba_maal

ISP
MTNL
I need to buy a LCD 32 inch but in retail showroom it is too expensive can some one tell me where i can i find graymarket for LCD electronics, as far i know about palika bazaar they deal in cams and cams only. Thanks baba

yeah the Sony models are like 44000 bucks here in gurgaon...

the amount of money at stake means that you better get a product that comes with a warranty.

I would NOT recommend buying grey market. The screens are too sophisticated, and any problem means a complete replacement of the LCD panel. (Not like regualar CRTs which can be tinkered around and repaired by local repairmen). And as the cost of the panel is almost that of the whole TV, it means that if you get a problem, you basically have to throw away the TV and buy a new one. Too big a risk if you ask me.A friend of mine got a high end fullHD Samsung 47" TV (one of those 2 lakh ones), and within 2-3 months he had weird lines on his screen. They replaced the panel as it was under warranty, and he was very thankful about having bought a product with warranty.

yup, LCD screens should never be bought without warranty, especially expensive ones.

got a 26 inch Hitachi model. one year warranty is included. 5K for the next year. still cannot make up my mind on whether i should get it or not.

got a 26 inch Hitachi model. one year warranty is included. 5K for the next year. still cannot make up my mind on whether i should get it or not.

Where are you getting it? 5K for the next year means??? Are you getting it for 5k:ashamed::ashamed:

looking at the cost of the tv, it makes sense to get an additional year of warranty. but kinda broke now 😀

should have got a couple of years extended at the time of purchase. would have been cheaper.

actually reliance resQ has been a disappointment for me completely. they took 5 days to install the tv at my place. that too after multiple calls and a visit to the reliance digital store. i think the guys working there have absolutely no idea on how things work. i met the senior customer support dude and he was like, an idiot. he was dealing with customers with problems with a cracky sense of humor. i have decided to avoid going to reliance for my next purchase. my experience with jumbo has been much better.

he means 5k for another year of warranty.

Thanks...must have been "DRUNK" when I asked that :wall: