Any diy solution for ac smell problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,290

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
I got it serviced few months ago, they cleaned with water pressure thing. (Unit was not removed)

Earlier I tried a diy foam cleaning thing but it only changed the musky smell to weird LPG gas smell for few days.

All foam solution has bad reviews if you had any success, please suggest.

Ac indoor and outdoor units chemical wash and also cleaning of copper tubes using chemical.

So after running it on fan mode somehow I managed to get rid of the smell.

But I guess it happened because Ice starts forming and compressor keep running without stopping.

I don't know if it's because of humidity. Only way it works properly is when I run it on humid mode.

Anyone else in Delhi right now facing ac issues because of humidity?

I believe ice formation is due to low gas levels?

Do find the source of leakage before topping up gas as any money spent on refill would be waste.

Yes, ice formation is due to low gas levels. @Smh Is there an open drain near the place you are living?

@mikrotik yeah that drain gas issue is present in this area.

I will get it checked for gas issue.

Since the normal warranty is over now. Should I call the company guys or local ones. Tbh both installer and service company guys were not extra 'professional' in terms of expertise or tools.

If you have such issue in your area, I would suggest you buying the Appliance protection plan of Urban Company. In that gas charging is included. And if your AC breaks down even once during the 1 year period then also you will be in profit.

So the ice issue was because of leak. But unfortunately it happened in the middle part of indoor unit. Usually it happens at sides, which can be easily repaired.

For now got it repaired next time i will have to get it replaced. Added some precautionary coating.

And deep cleaning was done. All parts dismantled both units and cleaned with pressure washer. There was so much fungus algae type of stuff stucked at areas that could not be cleaned without dismantling the whole thing.

Hoping it works atleast 2 more years.

The green stuff is not algae but corroded copper. It is better to take UC warranty now because your indoor unit will get covered. Otherwise it will easily cost you upwards of 7-8K

It was on the plastic case thing and I saw it getting washed way like algae.

I googled but didn't found the warranty thing. Yes it will be 7-8k or more next time 🙁