Any Comment on d2H Sound Quality?

• Thread starter Thread starter pdvaswani
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 9,526

pdvaswani

ISP
MTNL
Any comment on d2H Movies Picture Quality?I’ve Home Theatre which accepts only Optical Audio Input as Aux I/P, d2H offers Co-axial O/p for 5.1 Ch Audio O/p. So I connect TV and HD Satellite Box with HDMI Cable and take out Optical Audio O/p of TV to my Home Theatre. It was perfectly fine till I was using Tata Sky HD.Now for some of the HD Channels, I get a low volume whistle from my rear HT speakers while the actual content of the Sound (for rear speakers) is absent. Sometimes, same is also true for d2H movies channels.My question is whether at first place, all the HD channels have 5.1 Ch. Sound. Next, whether d2H movie channels are HD or upscaled?Is there a solution to this problem?

d2h hd does not support 5.1 ch audio output as of now

D2h HD supports 5.1 ch sound. I have experienced it myself. I have been watching HD channels since long time, and have observed that depending upon channel provider, u get 5.1 ch sound. Now Travel XP doesnt seem to have 5.1 ch audio. But Star HD channels, and recent addition Colors HD surely have.U can get illusioned twice, may be thrice, but not always. So i m not under illusion for sure.Now, coming to ur question......may be ur connection is not done properly. Just try to tighten up some loose contacts esp between ur STB & the speaker set. If it doesnt solve, i think u just drop a mail to CC, to take up ur issue. When the engineer comes, dont let him close ur complaint, until u get sound to ur satisfaction.

Well, i m getting 5.1 ch output. But not the Dolby Digital feed, as i dont have S/PDIF ports in my TV or Speakers. I wud have to buy a new set for that!

Oh. ok.. Thanks for the info.. what connection do you have HD DVR? or HD?

I have HD DVR. Thats since the time it was newly launched.....Feb 2011.

U will get dolby only on channels on which the Dolby Audio feed is available. That too over Co-axial cable only.

Dolby Audio was available earlier in two HD channels - Star World and Star Movies only till Jan 2012. Thery have been withdrawn after that. So, now, there is no Dolby or 5.1 audio feed in any channel in d2h.PFB the reply I got from customer service regarding the same.This is the reply I got from the customer care,Dear Customer, Thank you for writing again to Videocon d2h.This is with reference to your email dated February 01 2012 regarding 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels for customer ID XXXXXXX. As per our discussion with you, we regret to inform you that 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels is currently not available at our end however we have taken a note of your feedback regarding availability of 5.1 Dolby digital sound on HD channels again and shall notify to all our customers if any changes are implemented.It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of our services. Strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we appreciate the time you took to write to us.Further to our discussion with you, we would like to inform you that policy to refund the account balance amount is currently not available with Videocon d2h servicesIf you have any further queries, please call our customer care numbers below:

Yes no Dolby,but 5.1 audio.

Which D2H has dolby dts?Airtel has it.

Cmon D2H bring back Dolby.

----------

sound not coming on hindi movie channels?anyone else experiencing this?

It was coming in the morning a few minutes before this post. And on Dolby, i think they must have removed the feed due to space crunch again. Hope they get to ST2 at the earliest!