Antivirus Checks relaxed

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,731

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
Sify has now upgraded its virus checking ability in their client. It seems that now it checks for a antivirus in a pc and then asks a user to install its own antivirus. Suppose if you have avg 7 installed and running properly with all updates and then try to install the 2.8 client(or start it if you already have installed) it will not bother you to install trend or macfee. But if you have no anti virus then it will force you to install it unless you call the call center and disable it. It means that they are using some brains!! quite impressed!

so they detech which antiviruses? would it detect the less popular ones? better have nothing than incomplete solutions.

As for now I have tried with avg 7 and it detected and did not bother me with some silly questions. 😛

so one more point to prove that they're keeping an eye on this forum... 😀

Well it is a start. Tho earlier they claimed that AVG free edition was not good enuf (need licensed professional one) because updates are only once a week. Look man, even if what they were to offer me was updated daily, I simply wudn't download the updates that often. With my firewall and sensible usage, I simply am not at that sort of risk anymore. So I dld once a week only.

Well it is a start. Tho earlier they claimed that AVG free edition was not good enuf (need licensed professional one) because updates are only once a week. Look man, even if what they were to offer me was updated daily, I simply wudn't download the updates that often. With my firewall and sensible usage, I simply am not at that sort of risk anymore. So I dld once a week only.

It's a good thing that they have eliminated their forced antivirus install no matter which AV you had. They used to check for entries in the registry of popular AVs like Norton etc. even while doing this as their XML file obtained from 202.144.65.70 indicated. So a simple reading of their XML file would show which AV they are checking for now too, which I guess are the popular ones only 😛

Having to agree with coolbuddy here, sify is slowly, very very slowly learning how to provide GOOD service. It's far from the best. Instead of forcing it, they should give you an option to download it no matter what. Nothing should be forceware.

well they are trying to improve but i think they shouldn't force an user even if he has no antivirus installed.

bump ..... guys.... i just got to know that they r not offering mcafee virusscan anymore...only trend is offered..... just check at your end if there is the same things??grrr may be macfee was too expensive for sify 😛

i just saw clumzy trend recently in their 2.7 bb client. no idea on their ver 3 client.