Another customer was about to be fooled..

• Thread starter Thread starter aniketvb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,657

aniketvb

Linuxguy
ISP
Cox Internet
Recently one of my friends approached a hardware vendor in Thane to but a new PC.As is the norm these days , I suggested that him to buy an AMD based machine.And to the biggest surpise in my life , this what the vendor's so called engineer told him."If you buy AMD based machine it will give problems after a year or so"( as if there is an inbuilt timer which signals the start of destruction) 🙂 "Also Microsoft Word will not run on AMD processor"This was the biggest shocker!!!!!!!And the even bigger joke is that my friend is also an Electronics Engg student from Mumbai Univ and he believed what the other "engineer" said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

microsoft word doesnt work on amd???ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol:your friend actually believed him?man i just cant get over that microsoft word thing. :lol:

Ok.... No one is at fault here1stly the so called engineer at the shop is not an engineer in the true sense... Bole toh... Hez jus sum Kicka$$ diploma holder ya worse jus a normal guy who lerned thru exp.2ndly, v indians hv been used to believe ne kinda of jargon thrown at us, be it an engineer or a rickshaw puller...(Dnt ask as to how i got the idea of a rickshaw puller... I ws imagining sushubh on one...) 😀 😀 😀 Kiddin!!!!

The PC servicing shops use the term "engineer" too loosely nowadays!The real ones feel cheap & de-valued that such ppl can also be called "engineers"!!!! 🙁

seriously prathapml u are right, some days back I saw an ad which read "Become a Computer Engineer for Rs. 500 only". I was totally pissed off with that ad because I slogged for 4 long years in college spending almost 50k/year as fees to get one damn degree of B.E and these people claim to make u a comp engg in 500 bucks :angry:coming to the topic, there are many people who call themselves engg's and talk shit to customers who do not have any knowledge of computers just to sell their stuff. Not much fault of ur friend either bec nobody wants to risk anything before investing so much spl when one does not has enough knowledge of it...

technician is more appropriate. and you guys can see what is the level of Engineers from MU 😉

This prompts me to share more howlarious stuff wid u ppl........This is slightly techie joke....(non engineers may not understand this...)about a couple of months back we had TPP in our college...A group from BE Comps and Telecom had a presentation about a new copy protecttion technique for softwares wherein the software running on your comp would verify authenticity by means of a "hardware key" connected to the USB or paralle port.Now i queried him that since the actual authentication would be performed in the executable file itself , it was as vulnerable to cracking as are today's softwares.wherein for eg you could change a conditional jump to uncondtional in the exe file and ur done!!!!!!!To that he replied......."What you are talking is not possible.You cannot edit and change the contents of an executable file."I said that this is actually the method used to crack many softwares......he says" U are wrong , softwares are not cracked like this, they are cracked using .BAT file" :blink: :lol: 🙁 I could just sit back and laugh!!!!!!!!For all you techies there who understood, this clearly shows how deep the understanding of MU students is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys are curses in the name of hardware enginieers......I am ashamed to call my self that .....and I also advice AMD over Pentium

The quality of Engineers from MU has gone down to rock bottom, the main reason for it is the number of colleges that have come up, even a 50% PCM student gets into Engg and its surprising that seats of Engg go vacant every year now...Previously a student below 85% could not even dream of Engg nowadays everybody and anybody can get into engg with even 50%, curse be to our politicians for bringing down the quality of engineers to fill their own pockets .:angry:

^^^rightly said, there are just too many students coming up in engineering, students who shouldnt really be studying it. these are the people who degrade the level of engineers.:angry:amd over pentium?any time 🙂