Another airtel broadband fair usage policy victim

• Thread starter Thread starter ornelansmend
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 12,011

ornelansmend

ISP
SIFY
I am on 2mbps plan with 40 GB cap for 2 MBPS limit, i have downloaded only around 20 GB and all of the sudden my speed has dropped to 20 KBPS (download). When i called up the customer care executive , he told me that i have exhausted my limit and have downloaded 41 GB , therefore my speeds have decreased. This is bull-shit from airtel as i am only user in my home using internet on 1 computer and i have the data upload and download software which is showing me that i have not downloaded more then 20 GB so far. I have been using the P2P sharing and have been downloading most of the time from download.com and other sites. Not sure why Airtel has started harassing customers . I am planining to shift to another operater like BSNL.

I have written an email to the nodal officer and i have asked the person to give a genuine answer as their reply will be published on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the FUPed club 🙂

P2P software have almost equal download and upload data usage. So if you have downloaded 20GB, your total data usage (upload and download) might well be over 40GB.Please verify your total upload and download data usage.Cheers!

20 GB includes total data transfer and i have double chcked everything before posting this thread. Also- 40 GB means on an average 1.25 gb data transfer / day. only i know this, that i cannot (haven't) used the internet so far in this month. I am pretty sure that i have not consumed more than 20 GB this month. This is a pure cheating case by Airtel. I am paying 1800 (almost) every month for damm 20 gb!!! this is disgusting. I have already applied a new broadband connection from BSNL.

I am paying 1800 (almost) every month for damm 20 gb!!! this is disgusting.
What the... ? :O

Btw, those data meters aren't much accurate. So, don't rely on them. Dump airtel.

The most annoying Thing about Airtel is that They Change The plans Whenever they Like Without Noticing customer. It happened to me When i had a Craptel connection, My Download limit was decreased and Looking At the bill i opted for complete Unlimited Package then..

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

20 GB includes total data transfer and i have double chcked everything before posting this thread. Also- 40 GB means on an average 1.25 gb data transfer / day. only i know this, that i cannot (haven't) used the internet so far in this month. I am pretty sure that i have not consumed more than 20 GB this month. This is a pure cheating case by Airtel. I am paying 1800 (almost) every month for damm 20 gb!!! this is disgusting. I have already applied a new broadband connection from BSNL.

Pity u .. why hang wid that Craptel.. U are being looted.. 1800 For 2mbps connection and 40Gb Limit? Get ur self another broadband connection bro!

I too pay over Rs.1800 per month (including taxes) .. and I get limit of 30GB till 2Mbps and it drops to 1Mbps after tht .. WTF .. Net was never so expensive .. isn't it?The most annoying part is .. I can't opt for any other ISP ... I have tried all and airtel is the best in terms of reliability .. So I have to live with it 🙁

I had submitted a new thread for the fuping case the airtel is doing to all its customers on the Airtel Presence forum of this site. However, my thread was deleted by the Airtel Presence (Moderators) . I wrote the following (email) to Airtel a few days back:

I am on 2mbps plan with 40 GB cap for 2 MBPS limit, i have downloaded only around 20 GB and all of the sudden my speed has dropped to 20 KBPS (download). When i called up the customer care executive , he told me that i have exhausted my limit and have downloaded 41 GB , therefore my speeds have decreased. This is bull-shit from airtel as i am only user in my home using internet on 1 computer and i have the data upload and download software which is showing me that i have not downloaded more then 20 GB so far. I have been using the P2P sharing and have been downloading most of the time from download.com and other sites. Not sure why Airtel has started harassing customers . I am planining to shift to another operater like BSNL.

I want a reply from your end urgently and also note that your reply will be published at the site below for general public :

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Ok, someone changed the names of my original thread and i thought it has been deleted. Sorry about that. Can any moderator close/delete this thread. My original thread has been posted here:

I too pay over Rs.1800 per month (including taxes) .. and I get limit of 30GB till 2Mbps and it drops to 1Mbps after tht .. WTF .. Net was never so expensive .. isn't it?
The most annoying part is .. I can't opt for any other ISP ... I have tried all and airtel is the best in terms of reliability .. So I have to live with it 🙁

I have already applied for a new BB connection from BSNL. They provide the same plan with same limits and speeds but i am pretty sure they will not be invloved in cheating customers like AIRTEL. At least i can file an RTI if anything goes wrong with BSNL.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

And OK, i received this email from Airtel a few days back:

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 06-02-11, regarding slow speed for airtel number 012041#$$%$.

Thank you for writing to airtel.

We would like to inform that your concern has been registered with us with the reference number 42748$@@ and the same will be addressed by 06-FEB-2011 08:15 PM.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Please do write in for any further assistance.

warm regards,

Ajith Kumar
customer care executive
bharti airtel limited

however , I HAVE NOT RECEIVED any response of this complaint so far from Airtel.

I received this reply from Airtel 😀ear Customer, Ref: Email dated 08-02-2011, concerning slow speed for your airtel number 0120&%^%^%^.Thank you for writing to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.We would like to inform you that as per your unique Service Request 427$%$ the issue pertaining to the above mentioned complaint has been resolved to your satisfaction. You will getting your original speed in next billing cycle.In case you continue to face a concern in this regard, please do let us know so that we may further follow up on the same.We thank you for taking out the time to voice your concern. At airtel, we believe that it is our customers¿ feedback that helps us to improve on our services. Please do write in for any further assistance. warm regards,Amruthagiricustomer care executivebharti airtel limited

My Suggestion to all is, just don't waste your time and money with Airtel. Switch to Reliance Broadband. I just cancelled my connection with Airtel and moving on to Reliance. My friend is using Reliance BB for the past 3 months. 2 mbps unlimited for 2599 No issues at all. No FUP. Great speed. Normal direct download speed 260+ and on torrents, max speed around 240kbps.No downtime yet. Even the customer care people told me that they can give me in writing that there is no FUP. Pure unlimited. I applied for the connection today & tomorrow someone will visit my place to collect the documents. The only thing I am gonna miss is my WIFI on my laptop and phone. But at lease will be able to use non FUPed connection(keeping my fingers crossed). Airtel, these days have become the most greedy company, who only thinking about their profits and buying different companies overseas. Think, they are trying to become a global provider like Vodafone(have their operations in many countries). And by aiming for impossible, they are loosing business in their main market(India). After MNP, Airtel lost so many customers on mobile, and the 3G plans that they have introduced is nothing but a piece of s#@t. Would like to see how many customers use airtel 3G after the launch the service in all the circles the won.Similarly on their broadband section, they are loosing customers just for the shitty FUP they offer. From my area eight of my friends are quiting Airtel and moving to Reliance and BSNL. All the best to you Airtel.....

The only thing I am gonna miss is my WIFI on my laptop and phone.
Why are you going to miss WiFi? Are you trying to say that Reliance does not support WiFi? That's not true.

pilku reliance wireline BB works perfectly via a router just your WiFi router to the connection directly and login to portal via the connection provided from your Wifi router if the portal page doesn't come up you can try login in directly via this IP http://10.239.89.15 I am using the reliance bb wireline ADSL with a wifi router see this youtube vid in which I show the same - Reliance Broadband Review (Wired Connection)[/URL]

My Suggestion to all is, just don't waste your time and money with Airtel. Switch to Reliance Broadband. I just cancelled my connection with Airtel and moving on to Reliance. My friend is using Reliance BB for the past 3 months. 2 mbps unlimited for 2599 No issues at all. No FUP. Great speed. Normal direct download speed 260+ and on torrents, max speed around 240kbps.No downtime yet. Even the customer care people told me that they can give me in writing that there is no FUP. Pure unlimited. I applied for the connection today & tomorrow someone will visit my place to collect the documents. The only thing I am gonna miss is my WIFI on my laptop and phone. But at lease will be able to use non FUPed connection(keeping my fingers crossed).

Airtel, these days have become the most greedy company, who only thinking about their profits and buying different companies overseas. Think, they are trying to become a global provider like Vodafone(have their operations in many countries). And by aiming for impossible, they are loosing business in their main market(India). After MNP, Airtel lost so many customers on mobile, and the 3G plans that they have introduced is nothing but a piece of s#@t. Would like to see how many customers use airtel 3G after the launch the service in all the circles the won.

Similarly on their broadband section, they are loosing customers just for the shitty FUP they offer. From my area eight of my friends are quiting Airtel and moving to Reliance and BSNL.

All the best to you Airtel.....

Thank you so much for this post and suggestion. Just wanted to let you know that Airtel will loose too many customers, i have my own message board which has more then 15 k members, I have posted a STICKY for everyone to read , that tells everyone to stay away from Airtel. I am at the moment confused to chose between BSNL or Reliance. What do you suggest?