Another 590NU Scheduling Suggestion

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,038

nocaps

ISP
Triband 949UL
Hey folks. I don't know anything about programming so pls bear if I sound silly. 🙄

I was just wondering...the D-Link DSL 502T configuration page has an option to reboot the modem, i.e. a software controlled reboot. Can't any programmer out there make a simple utility to do the same, i.e. reboot and also add a scheduler to it and bingo....we have a timed logoff and re-logon for NU users.

I also like the earlier suggestion of timed device (poster @ https://broadband.forum/Possible_solution...lem-t1730.html) but unfortunately couldnt source it anywhere in Delhi. Any ideas? Gosh....we Delhi ppl are really getting desperate 😉 ....

sure a programmer can...we jus need to find one... not a bad idea...

One can use Macro Machine software to record a macro in which it automatically opens the adsl web site and reboots.u can then shedule that to run at any time (options included in the prog)

here is what i do... go to advanced settings and click on ppp on the left side.. the page that then opens gives you 3 options for connection.. always on; disconnect if idle; and manual... enter a time of say 1 minute idle time for disconnection and click on apply.. now the connection will automatically disconnect if unused for a minute and the same also reflects on the mtnl website in services history.. it only shows the time connected.. test it out and let me know how it works out for you. also make sure that you save and reboot once you make these changes or else next time that you switch the router on and off.. the setting will once again be back to always on and you have to do the above all over again...hope that was helpful

Originally posted by ashish318@Jul 26 2005, 04:27 PM
here is what i do... go to advanced settings and click on ppp on the left side.. the page that then opens gives you 3 options for connection.. always on; disconnect if idle; and manual... enter a time of say 1 minute idle time for disconnection and click on apply.. now the connection will automatically disconnect if unused for a minute and the same also reflects on the mtnl website in services history.. it only shows the time connected.. test it out and let me know how it works out for you. also make sure that you save and reboot once you make these changes or else next time that you switch the router on and off.. the setting will once again be back to always on and you have to do the above all over again...

hope that was helpful
[snapback]18373[/snapback]
[/quote]

I saw that setting too. But how do you come to know that it has disconnected. The ADSL light on the router remains on even if I disconnect from that page.

Thanks for the tips guys. Macro and idle logout, both occured to my mind BUT they are not the perfect solutions. Macros, I find them notoriously unreliable, especially those recording and playing complex mouse actions. And with idle logout sometimes it may logout even if its undesirable. e.g. suppose I have a p2p app on, and for the moment, there are no active sources, the session would logout. But if the session continues, the p2p app will keep trying for sources and at some point, resume downloading. But until something better turns up, I'm trying the macro route.

i tried using macro machine... works like a charm.. but only after tinkering with it a lot.. i think i now have my macro ready. i am attaching in case anyone wants to use it (cause i guess settings for D-Link 502t would be same). make sure that you download macro machine before running the file.