[ANNOUNCE] [APP] Train Travel - check your train ticket's PNR status via the web or SMS

• Thread starter Thread starter vedantlath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,125

vedantlath

Staff member
ISP
BSNL
Train Travel is an application I have developed to check the PNR status of your Indian Railways' train ticket.

- It is the only Android application which shows the station names along with the station codes of a ticket.
- When the data network is unavailable, it can send an SMS to 139 which will send you the status of the ticket by SMS.
- View the status of multiple PNRs at once (useful if you have several tickets for a journey).
- This does *not* send any SMS to any number except 139 and always asks for confirmation before doing so. (You can check the radio log or balance alerts to verify this.)

I will try to have train search in this but I don't expect it to be release-ready before this month.

If you have any feature requests or bug reports or suggestions please email me at vedant@lath.in or post back here.

New feature in the upcoming version: enter your IRCTC username and password and it retrieves the status of all the PNRs that have a journey date in the future.But I don't know how to convince people that I don't store or use the username and password except for retrieving the list of PNRs from IRCTC.

I have released an application PNR status that has the feature to check the status of tickets from your IRCTC account. I hope this will help people a lot and that IRCTC will not get angry because of this. 🙂