Android TV box for MI TV 4

ISP
BSNL
Airtel Xtreme (LCO)
V! (cellular)
BSNL (cellular)
I bought the MI TV 4 (first gen.) 55 inch variant. While the patchwall OS is ok, I find it inadequate and lacking in features. I want to buy a new android tv streaming box that supports major streaming services (I have subscriptions of Netflix, Primevideo and Hotstar). Is it worthwhile to import MI Box S from AliExpress or going for Fire TV Stick 4k. I dont think Xiaomi is ever going to update this TV from patchwall to android tv.
Is there any other box available that is better than both. I'm open to DIY/Raspberry Pi build if its better than the above options.

then get the chromecast. with casting coming to prime video, you do not really need fire tv stick as well.

though i guess you want a 4k device and it seems like chromecast ultra is not on sale in india coz i could not find it on flipkart 🤔

so the best option right now is to get the 4K unit. if you do not like it, should be easy to resell at the price you would pay for it right now!

Upvote 0
went ahead and bought firestick 4k for 3.6k. I hope i'm not disappointed🤔

Upvote 0
it is a solid product. you would not be disappointed. using a device with remote with apps loaded on it is always better than using phone to launch media using casting. hardware remote is just easier to use for everyone in the house.

Upvote 0