Android Troubleshooter

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Just share whatever issues u have while using Android, and members here wud try and solve it for u!

Now, i m the first one to ask.......i want to know if Samsung Galaxy Fit, which is on Android 2.2.1, will get any update? I just want to hear a final say of u guys.

If not, then the issue has arisen in creating contacts in it. The field provided for Name is just 1. And it doesnt accept characters beyond a certain limit. And Dad needs to put 3-4 words at times to recall the contact. What can be done?

----------

PS: A note for Admin.....i think this can be made Sticky too.

Sushubh

Administrator
it should have notes field below. that can be used. i am not sure if that field is searchable though.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Ok, let me see once.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Ok, thats great! And btw, just to further on my previous post......The syncing of my contacts is over, and the syncing of other phone is going on.And yeah, for fields, when i selected "Add contacts" i cud get both First name & Surname. So that also shudnt be an issue i guess.

Sushubh

Administrator
you get tons of more fields. you can add multiple numbers, addresses and lots of other stuff. in fact, you can do it in google contacts and the same data would be synced to your phone. there is a notes field to add other information that cannot be added to other fields.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Thats good then. I will now keep playing around with this stuff. And it all happened like magic......i never imagined that all my contacts wud be transferred so easily.Now best thing is - Calendar entries & Messages.....let me have a search around, and in the meantime, if u all have some foolproof options, do post that!

Sushubh

Administrator
well google calendar data is synced between your account and your phone. sms is going to be tricky though.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Not the Google calendar......Its the calendar entries in my Nokia phone.

Sushubh

Administrator
that's what i said. you would have to export your entries in a format that works with google calendar and import them. or you can just add them manually to google calendar on your computer and sync.