• Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 5,220

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is for a person who currently has a Wave 3. Trying to save this person from making the mistake of buying Galaxy Grand. What would you suggest?

I don't think anything comes close to the Grand in that range.

Upvote 0
hmm. would have to try to get this person to bump the budget to 25k so that xperia sp and Galaxy s3 become options worth considering.
I might end up recommending Lumia 720 lol.

Upvote 0
Sony Xperia Ion. After recent price cut, its actually a good buy. Still costlier by 1K than specified budget.
LG L7 II if dual SIM is required.
Can not comment on Galaxy Grand but user reviews aren't good.
Nokia Lumia 720 is actually a best VFM product if only your friend is not a power user and is ok some of the limitations of OS. Otherwise, for an average joe, it's actually better than droids in similar price range.

Upvote 0
It's not that bad as it sounds. Have handled this phone and its actually better than Xperia 2013 lineup in terms of viewing angles and contrast ratio but nowhere near to SLCD or IPS or CBD grade LCD's. Galaxy Grand's display isn't good either.

Upvote 0
Have suggested it. But I think the person has practically made up her mind for Grand. Anyways. I tried!
I also suggested to go for the deal on red S3 from Flipkart. It is costing less than 25K today based on Manu's posting.

Upvote 0
If it was me, I would have extended budget slightly and opted for Xperia SP. It should cost ~24-25K in brick and mortar stores, is uber cool especially for a girl/women, is unique, miles better than Grand in core tasks and even better than S3 on some parameters as I already said in another thread.
chromaniac said:
yup... anyhow. i have decided not to push anymore. it always comes back to bite me.
Lol! Have experienced that!

Upvote 0